Hotmail Connector Problem - "The Network Connection has been interrupted"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Todd Oberman

I use 5 different Hotmail & Live based mailboxes with Outlook 2010 64-bit. The Hotmail Connector 64-bit has worked perfectly up until today. I recently upgraded it when asked. Today I am consistently getting the following error with all of those accounts:

Task '###' reported error (0x8004100B): 'The network connection was interrupted. Please try again later.'

Yesterday I installed the patches pushed this month by Microsoft for Windows, Office and Security Essientials client. I suspect there is an interaction with one of those patches.

In attempting to fix this, I have run the Hotmail Connector 64-bit installation and tried the " Repair." Did not fix problem. I have uninstalled and re-installed the Hotmail Connector. Did not fix the problem.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? A search of the net shows others have seen this problem before, but I am yet to find anything guiding to a resolution.

B

Brian Tillman

Restore to your system restore point from just before the updates were installed. Does Outlook work then?

T

Todd Oberman

A reboot at the end of the day has made the original error go away. Hotmail appears to be synching, but there are some odd error messages too: " Error with Send/Receive" and " Please make sure your account is configured correctly by first accessing you account on the web. Error: 4203"

Mail is arriving from all my accounts. This error is only with one of the accounts.

Oddness.

T

Todd Oberman

Natasha and Niranjan,

This KB is not the answer to Error 4203; the resolution suggested does not fix the problem. I removed all entries on both Hotmail on the web and in Outlook for safe and blocked senders. Having been on Hotmail since the '90's there were quite a few old uneeded ones. Error 4203 still occurs in every synchronization. I am just living with this problem as it does not block my e-mail usage. It's noise I wish were not there.

If you have to mark this for your metrics, just mark this one as abandoned, unless someone can come up with a real answer to remove error 4203.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Hotmail connector Problem Using Outlook 2
A Problem with Outlook Hotmail Connector Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Connector problem with Hotmail Using Outlook 10
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
B Hotmail Connector messed up my Wifi Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Hotmail won't synchronize with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 2
G Outlook and Hotmail Connector not syncronizing inbox. Using Outlook 1
B MICROSOFT OUTLOOK HOTMAIL CONNECTOR WILL NOT DOWNLOAD Using Outlook 2
T Outlook Connector for Hotmail accounts Using Outlook 6
W Outlook connector has stopped downloading email from Hotmail Using Outlook 1
E Problems syncing Hotmail Connector Using Outlook 1
Z Hotmail connector without cache Using Outlook 2
L Re: How do you debug the installation of the Outlook Hotmail Connector Using Outlook 3
M How do I synch my existing Outlook Contacts with my Hotmail Contacts using Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook 3
D Outlook Connector - Hotmail ; The set of folders cannot be opened...... xyz_hotmail.ost is not an of Using Outlook 4
T Outlook Connector to Hotmail Acct not working properly Using Outlook 6
N Cannot compact the pst file for hotmail connector account Using Outlook 7
D Trouble using Hotmail with Outlook connector, cannot receive mails Using Outlook 1
P Trying to migrate email from PST to Hotmail; large emails break the connector with 'Network operation failed' Using Outlook 3
M Sending/Receiving emails for hotmail account in Outlook 2007 using Outlook Connector 14.0 Using Outlook 2
F Problems setting up Hotmail account with Outlook 2007/Microsoft 7 64bits/Hotmail connector 32bits Using Outlook 1
E Windows Live Essentials 2011 Outlook Connector Pack 14.0.5117.5000 Unable to connect to Hotmail Serv Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Hotmail Connector not letting me uninstall. Using Outlook 6
M Set up the Outlook Connector Hotmail calendar as the main calendar Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2007 Client (w/ Connector) randomly stops working with Hotmail Using Outlook 4
B Sync error in Hotmail Connector Using Outlook 1
C Synchronizing Outlook and Outlook Connector (Hotmail) with folders for offline laptop use Using Outlook 2
S Error 5102 from WL Mail 2011 and Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.1 64-bit - Cannot sync, error retrievi Using Outlook 3
T Problems with Send/Receive in Outlook 2007 with Outlook Connector to Hotmail Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 with Hotmail Connector send receive error (0x80004005) Error: 4102 Using Outlook 11
J Office 2010 Outlook Hotmail Connector Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Hotmail Connector - Can't create subfolders even though Hotmail now supports subfolders Using Outlook 1
T Problems downloading new version of Hotmail Connector with Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
H Outbound HoTMaiL gets stuck in Outbox when sending via Outlook 2003 using Outlook Connector Using Outlook 4
B Outlook Connector won't sync with Hotmail Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Hotmail Connector (32 bit) - error synchronizing your mail account (Error: 4102, then Error Using Outlook 1
M Mark mail as read on Hotmail server using Connector Using Outlook 2
C What is the URL for the Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit version 14.1? - the link provided loads 14 Using Outlook 2
C outlook hotmail connector update killed my outlook - please help!! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Hotmail connector chokes on Plus addresses Using Outlook 2
A Outlook Hotmail Connector 32 bits - Error 0x80048265 Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Hotmail Connector does not replicate one account - two others work Using Outlook 3
J Forced to upgrade MS Connector ; now I can't access my hotmail Using Outlook 9
C How could I add my hotmail accounts in outlook 2007 after reinstalling outlook connector 14.1? Using Outlook 3
R Initial sign-in error using Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook 2