Send and receive errors when synching with Hotmail

• Thread starter scoates904
  • Start date Views 1,246
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scoates904

I have been using Outlook flawlessly until just recnetly the inbox/outbox will not synch with Hotmail. The account is not available. I am signed into MSFT Live, and even tried to add the account again...still nothing

Here is the error message

Task 'Sending' reported error (0x80040126) : 'The operation cannot be performed because the connection to the server is offline.'

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Which version of Outlook Connector do you use?

Try the following:

1. Open Control Panel -> Programs and Features and remove Outlook Connector 12.1/ 14

2. Remove the Hotmail account(s) from Outlook

3. Click on Start > All programs > Accessories > Run > copy and paste the following text in Open field and then press Enter: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Remove the OST files for the Hotmail account from the above location

5. Install theOutlook Connector 14.1 and add the Hotmail account using Hotmail Connector

Ganesh Kumar N

S

scoates904

Ganesh,

Thanks for the guidance, but I after completing the above steps I am still receiving the following error:

Task 'myemail@msn.com' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Network operation failed'

Task 'myemail@msn.com' reported error (0x8004102A) : 'Error with Send/Receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004.'

Naturally, I am able to send and receive email though Hot Mail, so network connectivity is not the issue. What other ideas do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.