Outlook 2007: outgoing email with addresses taken from address book won't send

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tdublyou

My outgoing messages won't go out after hitting "Send" where I added the recipients from the Outlook address book (clicking "To" and selecting the recipient). They will go out if I type in the email address manually. Also, I don't get manual typing of the address suggesting entries from my address book.

I just installed Outlook 2007 on Win 7 64 bit.

I had to clean the pst with scanpst.exe, and create a new profile, in order to add Contacts to my email address book, so that I could insert email addresses by clicking on the "To" button in an outgoing message. Scanpst cleaned all errors, and the new Profile fixed the grayed out "show this folder as an email address" option in the Contacts folder/Properties/Outlook Address book tab.

Outlook 2007: outgoing email with addresses taken from address book won't send

T

Tdublyou

Further diagnosis: Only the first attempted outgoing message (with address input from address book rather than typing it in manually) gets stuck in the Outbox, subsequent ones go out.

K

Kathleen Orland [MVP]

If you open Outlook in safe mode, does this behaviour continue?

Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe (note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

or

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe
Microsoft

T

Tdublyou

No, in safe mode it works fine - the first message doesn't get stuck in Outbox.

T

Tdublyou

I can't disable remaining add-ins because it says I'm not an administrator. But I am. I go into User Accounts and voila, the administator account is (now) being used (by yours truly). I tried moving the UAC slider all the way to the bottoml, to no avail.

R

Relative Ray

Right click on Outlook icon and run as admin then try disabling add-ins.............

T

Tdublyou

Problem resolved. It was caused by AVG Free addition plugin for Outlook 2007. Disabling it allows email to function properly. Now what to do about antivirus email protection.

K

Kathleen Orland [MVP]

You don't need any virus software to scan your email. Your real time scanner will catch everything it's updated for.

When you integrate antivirus with Outlook, it often causes problems such as those you've seen.
Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.