how to configure windows 2003 built in mail server (POP Server) coexistence with exchange server 2007/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amol Y

HI ALL,

Can any one explain

how to configure windows 2003 built in mail server (POP Server) coexistence with exchange server 2007/2010.
Regards, Amol

S

Steve Goodman

Hiya,

You could create another accepted domain that isn't authoratitive in Exchange and set that up as authoritive in the POP3 server. Next create a new send connector to route mails to the POP server's SMTP server for that domain. Setup inbound mail (MX) to Exchange. Then mail-enable the POP3 users (or create mail contacts) with your primary domain, and set the external email address under that sub-domain now handled by your POP3 server.

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

A

Amol Y

Hi,

thanks for the reply

we have two diffrent forests (e.g abc.com & xyz.com) & we have created trust between the forests.

Exchange 2010 installed in abc.com & POP server 2003 installed on xyz.com.

i am able to send mail from abc.com (exchange to pop server) but when i am trying to send mail from pop server to exchange server mails gets stuck in the queue.

Regards, Amol

S

Steve Goodman

Are both of these internal to your LAN? Are MX records setup in your internal DNS for abc.com, pointing to the correct Exchange 2010 server? Does external mail to abc.com work?

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

M

[MT]

Any error from the queue will give you a clue? dns, mx not able resolved?

Try do a simple smtp telnet from abc mail server to xyz mail server

MT | MCITP ----- Please vote helpful or mark as answer if it's answered your question, this help us follow up the question status.

A

Amol Y

Hi All,

Thanks for the help.

Problem resolved...........................

Regards, Amol

Status
Not open for further replies.