Outlook 2010 Multiple IMAP accounts connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

I have 3 IMAP4 and IMAPS outlook 2010 accounts. Only the default account does automatic connect (and changes icon). Others neet to click once on them. Why?

andrew

Yes. after i click once on inbox messages everithing is ok. Automatic in and out is working all time long. But when I start outlook 2010, without clicking on anything, automatic works only for the very first accuount, the defaut one. (and its icon is different). As soon as I click on the other accounts, unread messages number appears and they work fine. Why different behaviour between accounts before click on them,and perfect same behaviour after a click? After that, everithing is fine,all acconuts work automtically, as long as I do not close outlook.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if you wait to look in the other folders, does it ever kick into the autosend/receives? I'm thinking the send/receive that kicks in on startup is limited to the first account and if you want for the next one, all work. Just don't set the auto check time too low - it should be no less that 5 - 8 min, 8 -10 if many the accounts are on one server.

The behaviour you see makes some sense because outlook is a) limited in the number of threads it has open at one time and opens to any one server and b) there is a lot of other stuff going on at startup that it may time out before it gets to the other accounts. Each folder in the imap account gets its own thread, which can slow down the checks if too many accounts are on one server, or if you have a lot of folders subscribed.

andrew

Actually I discovered that it is not the main acount to connect and show unreadmesages. If you set someting else to open in the fist window, such as calendar (before I used to open outlook on inbox of the main account) no one account show the unread mail number (blue color). Rules are not applied and unread mail number is not showed until you click. As far as you have no destop advice of incoming new mail, you have to click at least once. Older version of outlook I used to have dind't work this way.It is annoying. I often forget to click on folder and so I don't know when new mail is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Multiple, intermittent Outlook 2010 errors Using Outlook 12
B Sharing Multiple Outlook 2010 Calendars (Exchange) Exchange Server Administration 4
K Outlook 2010, multiple shared mailboxes, reminder nightmare Using Outlook 4
J Multiple users on Outlook 2010 with one Windows login - privacy? Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2010 and Icloud multiple calenders problems. Using Outlook 10
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2010 Select and reply to multiple messages at one time Using Outlook 0
Y Outlook 2010 Select and reply to multiple messages at one time Using Outlook 2
E Does Outlook 2010 support searching multiple .pst files simultaneously? Using Outlook 0
A Multiple accounts in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Rules Wizard Enter Multiple Items at once? Using Outlook 0
S Using Multiple Signatures in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
D Outlook 2010 and combining multiple rules into one? Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2007 and 2010 for multiple calendar users Using Outlook 1
J Multiple Accounts - One Inbox Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Open multiple instances of Outlook 2010 in Windows 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Re: Outlook 2010, Multiple Accounts & Default Account Using Outlook 1
M How to Configure Multiple Exchange Accounts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Multiple email users on one computer user - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 - Multiple accounts - Fast preview Using Outlook 2
N Multiple errors with Outlook 2010 - Won't receive Hotmail emails; but will send fine. Using Outlook 3
F Mail merge in Word/Outlook 2010 using multiple email accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 2
Y Edit multiple rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2010 multiple AD domains Using Outlook 2
D How do I delete multiple .PST files at same time in outlook 2010?__ Using Outlook 1
D Re: How do I delete multiple .PST files at same time in outlook 2010?__ Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 Windows 7 - multiple exchange accounts - asking for wrong credentials Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010/multiple exchange accounts/new mail notification on one only Using Outlook 8
J Outlook 2010 - Public Folders difficult to access after adding multiple additional mailboxes into th Using Outlook 4
S Office 2010 Outlook Contacts Lists Issue Multiple Contact lists. Using Outlook 3
I Multiple e-mail accounts in Outlook 2010 using Exchange servers Using Outlook 1
F Multiple Outlook 2010 accounts and OCS 2007 R2 Using Outlook 1
N Search multiple mailboxes with a "Search Folder" in Microsoft Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Multiple recipients causes interface error and unable to resolve address Outlook 2010 W7 Using Outlook 2
P Problem using multiple devices and synching the inbox on Miscrosoft MS Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
I OWA Multiple Signatures on Outlook 2007 or 2010?? Using Outlook 2
T 2010 Outlook multiple IMAPs All named INBOX Need better ID (even OL2003 named Inbox for account name) Using Outlook 3
S Outlook authenticating to other servers at random times with 2010 in multiple sites Exchange Server Administration 3
R Outlook 2010 RSS items keep downloading multiple times Using Outlook 9
S Outlook 2010 - New Mail Alert for multiple inboxes Using Outlook 5
G How do I show emails from multiple inboxes on the same page in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 Multiple accounts different data files Using Outlook 5
L Setting up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
S Have Outlook 2010 start with multiple email accounts expanded in the navigation pane Using Outlook 1
G Problems setting up gmail account with multiple computers using Outlook (2007 and 2010) Using Outlook 3
T Unified or Combined view of multiple inboxes in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
M outlook 2003 opening multiple shared Calendars while connected to Exchange 2010 error Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 Junk mail filter not working on multiple pop3 accounts Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2010 Spam Filter on multiple email addresses Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3