Outlook 2007 Macro/VBE disables How to enable

Status
Not open for further replies.

imfarhan

Hi ,

IT department installed the Outlook 2007, on my pc but the Macro/Security & VBE options are disabled under tools menu.

They have tried all different options using , (1) Add In, (2)options under Help (Disabled Item) , Already tried under (3)Tools|Trust Centre.

The only way I got those options enabled by installing all Ms Office2007 but I want on Ms Outlook2007 not other product

I would appreciate help ffrom you.

Note: the installation pack , won't allow them to choose any option like Custom/Typical they only press setup and without giving any option its installed all the product don't know why?

Many thanks in advance

Farhan

Forum Admin

Do you have another version of Office installed with Outlook 2007? Was Outlook installed from "standalone" media or from the office suite disk using a custom option? The test machine I have has Outlook 2007 standalone and Home & Student (no outlook in this suite) and those commands work - i'll try to repro using a setup similar to yours.

Any GPO set that would be blocking those commands?

imfarhan

I'm sorry I don't know what is GPO stand for if you plz eloborate.

I think the IT guy installed Enterprise version I don't know it was "Standalone" media or from the Office Suite disk.

I will come back to you on that.

Thanks

Farhan

imfarhan

Hi

I have just check from IT dept, they said its Enterprise not StandAlone and there is not GPO which restricted to enables those menu.

But what solution they are giving me that install whole Ms Office 2007 Enterprise and unintall or remove Ms Acess 2007 after that and at the end install Ms Access 2003 seperate which I want.

Do you think does it make sense or not?

Many thanks

Farhan

Forum Admin

So you have Office 2003 because you need Access 2003? I'm guessing that is why there is a problem with macros / VBE - its a shared component and the wrong version is installed. The solution offered by IT should work just fine. If possible (ie, if installing straight from the disk, not using CIW), use the custom option to install Office 2007 and deselect Access.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091 may be helpful - its about installing multiple versions of Office (not Outlook, you can only have one outlook installed).

imfarhan

We have managed to sort out the problem.

Step (1) , intall the Enterprise Ms office 2007

Step (2) , Un-install the products which I do'nt need i.e. Access,Powerpoint, Word except Outlook.

Step (3) Install Ms Access 2003 with SP3

Works fine ...

Thanks slipstick for your help its works fine

Many thanks again to all

Farhan

Status
Not open for further replies.