Outlook Today Customization not saving in Outlook 2010 32-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldMtMan

Since it's winter time I wanted to change the style of Outlook Today to the "Winter" style from the "Summer" style I have been using since I upgraded to Office 2010. First, the thumbnail for looking at an example of the style on the customization page is a blank box with the usual small box with red "X" in it. Then, I am able to select the "winter" style from the dropdown list and when I click on "save changes" the correct style is displayed. However, if I minimize Outlook to the task bar and then open it again several hours later, it has reverted to the "summer" style. This also happens if I close and restart Outlook. Anyone experience this anomaly and maybe have a solution?

I am using Microsoft Office Professional 2010 32-bit on a Windows 7 64-bit operating sysytem, with Office installed in the Program Files (x86) folder.

OldMtMan

Yes, I am the only user of this computer and am the administrator, so I should be in administartor mode but I also went to the Windows Explorer folder location and opened Outlook.exe by right clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator" after reading your post (right clicking the start menu icon did not give me the "Run as Admin" option). It made no difference and still reverted back to the "Summer" style when I closed and re-opened it, no matter how I opened it. I normally open it from an icon I have pinned to the task bar which I pinned from the start menu icon created when I installed Office 2010. None of these icons offer an option to open as admin.

OldMtMan

Thanks for the help. However, both the registry entries are already set to the values you posted (CustomURL=outlook4.htm and style=style4) and they stay that way even when I close and reopen Outlook, but the style reverts back to Summer even with the registry keys set as desired. Seems that the registry settings aren't being applied.

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
So you're saying the registry shows the correct settings for winter but outlook displays summer? Outlook gets the data from the registry - its not stored anywhere else - so it shouldn't be changing the view willy-nilly while keeping the registry the same.

Do you use registry cleaners or similar tools?

Did you every try displaying a folder home page (right click on root folder, choose Properties, Outlook Today tab), applying it then reenabling it?

OldMtMan

I agree with your first paragraph totally but it's doing it anyway; that's why I posted the question in the first place. And I don't understand your last sentence: not sure what folder you are talking about. Are you referring to an Outlook root folder or Windows Explorer folder? I have not found any folders that when I right click and choose Properties do I see an Outlook Today tab so I haven't been able to "apply it then reenable it". I would appreciate a bit more of an explanation of what you are trying to get at. Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

OldMtMan

Thanks Diane for the further explanation. I had seen the Data Files Properties option, clicked it and had seen the Home Page tab, went there as well but didn't know what to do once I was there. I did what you suggested and for now the customization seems to be sticking. I will be keeping an eye on it's behavior and hoping that I don't have to return here for more discussion. Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
K Accentuating today in Outlook calendar month view Using Outlook 2
D Outlook macro with today's date in subject and paste clipboard in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T OL 2010 "Outlook Today" Entries Disappear Using Outlook 0
F Outlook 2007 Calendar Appointments not in Outlook Today view Using Outlook 11
A OUTLOOK TODAY SCREEN Using Outlook 1
T Events Not Showing In Outlook Today Using Outlook 3
W Midnight bug - Outlook Today & reminders Using Outlook 5
S 2010 outlook today looks like an empty email box Using Outlook 4
M Outlook Today. How to rename IMAP inbox accounts to something else than inbox? Using Outlook 4
G Customize Outlook Today folder Using Outlook 0
M How can I get new styles for Outlook Today 2003? Using Outlook 1
B 2003 >> 2010 outlook today security changes (Iframes? Href?) Using Outlook 1
R Getting my Claendar additions to appear in Outlook Today Using Outlook 7
C Missing "Customise Outlook Today" button Using Outlook 4
H Outlook 2007 - hide completed tasks from Outlook Today -Solution Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 wont send mail today Using Outlook 9
T Outlook Today does not display in Oultook 2010 Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2007 caendar hangs when I select today's day BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
M How do I get Outlook Today to show appts from multiple calendars? Using Outlook 5
I Today function in Outlook Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Get a list of today's events from Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
D.Moore VB script to Digitaly Sign newly created outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2016 Retail C2R keeps logging since update? Using Outlook 0
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 0
D Outlook Address Book Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 4
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
V Outlook 2016 Outlook-2016 and iCloud for Windows - Problems Using Outlook 2
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook 2007 on 365 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2