Emails from different e-mail accounts are getting downloaded to same file

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eugene89

I reset 2 email accounts in Outlook after computer crash and when I hit "send/receive," ALL emails from BOTH accounts downloaded into one. How do I separate the two accounts?

G

Gordon B-P

Then you must have set up both accounts as POP rather than IMAP. Create a second pst file and then create a rule to move messages from one account to the new pst file.

R

Ruchi Bisht

As mentioned by 'Gordon' Create new Outlook data file and the create a rule to move the e-mail from respective e-mail account to the respective PST file to do this , follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Click on Tools->Rules and Alerts.

2. Click New Rule .

3. Under Start from blank rule.

4. Select Apply Rule on messages I receive.

5. Under conditions step 1.select on this computer only and through the specified account.

6. Under step 2 click on specify account and enter the e-mail address of second e-mail account.

7. Click Next and select Move it to specified folder.

8. Under step 2 click specified folder and select the New PST file which you have created.

9. Click finish.

10. Select the Rule and click on Run Rule Now.

Note: The e-mails for the second e-mail account which were already downloaded to the first PST file have to be moved manually to the second personal folder.

Ruchi Bisht

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Combined emails on 2 iphones from different email addresses Using Outlook 4
J Why are emails for a different pop account copied to outlook.com account? Using Outlook 1
J Autoforward emails to different contacts based on certain criteria using only one rule Using Outlook 1
T Duplicate emails in different "sent" boxes. Using Outlook 2
M How do I mark emails already received as read when I get a second, different email based on subject? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Help with a Macro to move emails to a different PST data file Using Outlook 4
A problem resending mails with 2 different pst of 2 different emails. Using Outlook 0
D How to select different account when sending emails from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
T using a filter to forward emails from a different account than the one that received them Using Outlook 5
A Using a specific email account when sending emails to different contacts Using Outlook 1
L Different emails displaying on seperate computers Using Outlook 5
N steps in configuring ms exchange to send and recieve emails from different domain? Exchange Server Administration 30
M to bifurcate the emails from Email removed for privacy to their 3 different respective email addresses. Using Outlook 1
J Re-configure system generated emails to come from different mailbox Exchange Server Administration 2
P Outlook 2007 - Printing same barcode on all the emails though email contains different barcode Using Outlook 3
L routing emails to different personal folders in outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
L Routing incoming emails to different personal folders in outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
S Can't send emails to email addresses on different servers (other than @mycollege.edu) on Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
S How to I get the same emails on two different computers Using Outlook 3
K ABOUT ADDING A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS .__I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO STOP MY SUDDENLINK.NET EMAILS COMMING TO WINDOWS LIVE .COM IS THERE A WAY TO STO Using Outlook 1
J Receiving emails on three different computers. Using Outlook 3
M Emails not relaying to External Contact-[email addresses in different domain] Exchange Server Administration 8
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F not receiving emails until i re-login Using Outlook 2
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Outlook 365 doesn't always mark emails as read Using Outlook 3
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
A Custom VBA to sort emails into folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1