Greyed out Filter-EMail button

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkAntonyYoung

Rolling out Office 2010 Pro Plus and we are finding some users not able to use the Filter E-Mail button, its greyed out, somebody else posted a similar question last month which i believe has been wrongly marked as fixed, anybody got any idea how to enable this function or why its disabled?

Thanks

Mark

M

MarkAntonyYoung

Hi Ben,

Played around with the views, currently using Compact view, also switched to Single and Preview but still the button is greyed out.

Tried Safe mode as suggested, thanks for the tip (also checked out the link), but again the button is greyed out.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

G

Guruprasad Ra

What is the type of email account configured in Outlook (POP3, IMAP or an exchange)?

Did you check with a new profile?

Create a new Outlook profile and check if this helps

M

MarkAntonyYoung

Connecting to Exchange 2010 environment.

Deleted and recreated my profile, no effect, button is still greyed out.

M

MarkAntonyYoung

No joy i'm afraid, tried the cleanviews switch. I'm guessing deleting and recreating my Outlook profile would have had the same effect of resetting the views.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

If you go to View | View Settings | Filter can you turn on a filter that way? (just testing to see if it works at all)

M

MarkAntonyYoung

Successfully applied an unread email filter via the view settings. It seems like it's either a part off the install that's missing, a reg key or some part of outlooks config.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Try resetting the Ribbon. Right-click in the Ribbon, choose " Customize..." on the Customize Dialog box you should find a Reset button at the lower right.

M

MarkAntonyYoung

Reset the ribbon, still greyed out. How would you go about trying to disable this function? The button is visible and in it's default location, it's just not clickable.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Honestly not sure - never tried to disable Filter from the Ribbon before. Have you tried a repair install of Office 2010? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Office 2010 | Change/Repair....

M

MarkAntonyYoung

Yes, tried removing and reinstalling Office, uninstall leaves some registry\ config info, when i reinstalled office the Outlook profile was retained.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

O.K., let me escalate this one and see if somebody higher up the food chain than I am has an idea.

M

MarkAntonyYoung

ANSWER

The Filter E-Mail button requires Microsoft Search to be installed.

Thanks for your help Ben.

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Fozzie Bear HomeTab Email filter "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 3
V Why is "Value Required" checkbox greyed out for Dates? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Greyed out checkbox in custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Rename Contacts Greyed Out Using Outlook 0
B Meeting Accept option greyed out Using Outlook 0
J phone icon greyed out in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
W Add Attendees is greyed out on Appointment Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013 instant search fields greyed out Using Outlook 3
D Calendar Resources tabs are greyed out Using Outlook 1
D Cannot Delete Individual Email - Greyed Out Using Outlook 12
S Inbox names appear greyed out Using Outlook 3
M Insert clip art, shapes, smart art, chart and screenshot greyed out in OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 2
J "This is not Spam" greyed out in Outlook Junk E mail. KB2466076 Update Error? Using Outlook 3
H Attachment dialog box "Always do this action" greyed out Using Outlook 4
B import/export feature in address book is greyed out Using Outlook 2
F Trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
P Spell check greyed out in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2010 Archiving Assign Policy Greyed out Using Outlook 1
C Dot Matrix Printer: When I try to print a mailing label the printer button is greyed out. I have the label printer as my default. I have the correct Using Outlook 1
R Shared database greyed out and cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
T Word 2007 add-in ribbon icons greyed out Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A When I log out of Outlook. The icon on the taskbar is greyed out and I am not able to activate/launch Outlook unless I reboot my PC. I have XP and am Using Outlook 2
E trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
B Wanting to run a script that will filter any body that has a russian link in it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Filter/Search emails sent to internal Exchange address only Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O Outlook Web Access - how to disable spam filter Using Outlook 6
G How to filter by the format of an email address Using Outlook 6
S Mail filter recieved before the last 2 working days Using Outlook 1
Liza Creating a rule in outlook to filter messages Using Outlook 0
F Adding textbox filter to listbox? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File New Slipstick.com Articles 0
W Filter condition "contains"/"doesn't contain" doesn't always work Using Outlook 10
B Conditional Formatting:How to use >1 value in a filter Using Outlook 7
J Outlook VBA for Email Filter Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Emerogork How do I set up an "Incoming mail filter" Using Outlook 12
M Filter today's mail Using Outlook 2
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
J Task Filter for Status OR One Month Using Outlook 4
R Filter Views by Category Using Outlook 2
D Junk Mail filter Using Outlook 1
S Filter by accounts but communicate to all linked contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D What is this SQL filter that is applied to my Inbox? Using Outlook 6
J Outlook Contacts: How to filter contact phone numbers from a cti request Using Outlook 1