Can't connect to MS Exchange with Outlook 2010 and Win7 Pro 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldjay

I can connect to the companies VPN and see the servers and folders. The company has an expired signed certificate. I assume this is why I can't log on to the exchange server. This prevents me from opening Outlook. Is there any way around this problem?

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Are you using " Outlook Anywhere" (RPC over HTTP), or attempting to connect to the Exchange Server through the VPN tunnel? Does Outlook produce any error or warning messages?

Hal

O

oldjay

Attempting to connect through the VPN. I looked at Outlook Anywhere but didn't understand how to do it. Seems like it had to be done at the server end.

After connecting to the company server with the VPN I get the error message " Server unavailable. The connection to MS exchange must be available and on line"

H

Assuming you can ping/contact the Exchange Server when connected through the tunnel, it sounds like it may be a firewall issue, do you have Exchange cleared through Windows Firewall? Is this a Microsoft tunnel or some other vendor like Juniper? I ask because I have Outlook 2010 on my Windows 7 netbook (and Outlook 2003 on an older laptop running XP-SP3) and both work fine via a Microsoft PPTP tunnel to our Exchange 2003 server with no certificates involved anywhere.Hal

O

oldjay

(1)I already tried with the firewall off. (2) Microsoft tunnel (3) I get the following advise from the company " you won't be able to setup Outlook because your computer IS NOT part of the domain and Windows 7 will not accept unsigned certificate." Is this true? What if I use an XP virtual machine?

H

The computer doesn't have to be part of the domain, the VPN tunnel establishes your domain credentials. As to the certificate issue, I'm not sure, I'll have to check on that; my Windows 7 Ultimate netbook IS a Domain member and Outlook 2010 works fine through the tunnel, the XP-SP3 notebook is NOT a Domain member and Outlook 2003 also works fine through the VPN tunnel.

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
N Outlook prompts for Password to connect to old Exchange server 2010 Using Outlook 1
V I can't connect to my Exchange account using Outlook for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
S Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Exchange Server Administration 4
M Re-Connect Outlook to Exchange Using Outlook 5
D Outlook crashes when trying to connect to Exchange, but works fine in safe mode Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007/Exchange hangs all the time. Can I make it connect to Exchange on demand only? Using Outlook 1
R Suddenly, new users cannot connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
M cannot connect with more then 5 current users to outlook anywhere exchange 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Cannot connect Outlook 2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 won't connect to Exchange on the first launch Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Anywhere, Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP Using Outlook 6
K outlook cannot connect to exchange from outside Exchange Server Administration 5
M Outlook 2007: Unable to connect to Exchange Server, repeatedly prompted for credentials Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 cannot connect to Exchange Server Error Exchange Server Administration 8
H the connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connect to complete t Using Outlook 5
N Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 - Unable to connect using outlook (OWA fine) Exchange Server Administration 2
W When I close Outlook 2010 and then re-open it, Outlook cannot connect with the Exchange server. Using Outlook 1
C One user Outlook cannot connect to exchange 2007 sometime. Using Outlook 2
J Cannot connect Windows 7, Outlook 2007 to Exchange Server 2007 Using Outlook 6
B Cannot connect with Outlook 2003/Exchange user through Checkpoint SSL-VPN. Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2007 on XPsp2 OEM unable to connect to Exchange Server 2010? Using Outlook 3
S Outlook unable to connect to Exchange whilst on local LAN Using Outlook 2
L outlook 2003 via RPC over HTTPS will not connect via the WAN to Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 3
T Outlook won't open - says can't connect to Exchange ? Using Outlook 1
G Outlook can't connect to Exchange through VPN Exchange Server Administration 4
R Can not connect outlook 2010 to exchange 2007 Using Outlook 11
L Outlook 2003 hung when connect to Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 5
A Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 Cannot connect to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTP Using Outlook 139
G Outlook 2007 on XPsp2 OEM unable to connect to Exchange Server 2003?? Using Outlook 36
A Outlook 2003 will not connect to Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 22
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
R can't connect account over iPad/iPhone to Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 2
A Client cannot connect to Microsoft Exchange but POP3 is ok Exchange Server Administration 9
A cannot access OWA or connect to exchange 2007 via outook. Using Outlook 5
S Exchange 2010 - Out of Office not working - MAC Entourage cannot connect to EWS (Default Web Site) Exchange Server Administration 1
F Must connect o Microsoft Exchange before you can use your offline folder file (Error msg) Using Outlook 4
R Can't connect to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTPS using Windows 7 Using Outlook 2
B Comcast - trying to connect to exchange Using Outlook 4
D User can't connect to Exchange from OL, but can from OWA Using Outlook 4
R Repeatedly prompted to enter your credentials when trying to connect to an Exchange mailbox by using Using Outlook 2