Can't drag Outlook email to To-do list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ice Oranje

Hi, buddies,

I can't drag email from Inbox to To-Do task list on the right side of the Outlook window. But I can drag email to Data navegator or create new task by double click on To-Do list panel. Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

To add an e-mail message to the To Do Bar, flag it for follow-up. Right-click the follow up flag on the right end of the item on the message list (or open the message and click Follow Up on the Ribbon).

I

Ice Oranje

Hi, Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried as you suggested. Yes the email has been flagged but couldn't be showed in To-Do list.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What do you mean "couldn't be showed in To-Do list"? What happens when you try? Do you get an error message?

You shouldn't need to do any dragging/dropping to add e-mails to the To-Do Bar. Just flag them for follow up.

If you've done that but the To-Do Bar still doesn't show them try starting Outlook with the /resettodobar switch. See if this helps -http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#CLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 2007 - drag drop email to Explorer Using Outlook 1
J Problem using drag and drop to attach an html email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 18
R PST->Outlook.com (Import vs Drag-n-Drop methods Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Cannot consistently drag and drop .msg files into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
F Tumblr - Drag & Drop files (pictures) into Outlook? Using Outlook 12
V Drag and drop into Outlook folders Using Outlook 2
S Drag and Drop in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
S Can't Drag n Drop file or mail in Outlook Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 drag and drop issue Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2003 - Changing the Behavior of Drag/Drop from Move to Copy? Using Outlook 1
H Drag and Drop Outlook mails into a Windows Form Control with eml extension Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A turn Outlook into a Drag-and-drop application Outlook Wishlist 2
N Drag and drop attachment in outlook addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Implementing Drag and drop events in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Drag and Drop mails from Outlook to Clarion6 Application Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Cannot drag and drop or create folder in PST file folders Using Outlook 1
S Renaming while drag and dropping to file Using Outlook 1
Forum Admin Wishlist Drag and drop email to a calendar date Outlook Wishlist 1
L Copying Emails using drag and drop Using Outlook 2
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
T drag drop/opening drop down/single click acts like double/highlighting Using Outlook 7
T Can not drag e-mails from search to folders Using Outlook 1
B drag an email to the calendar Using Outlook 2
J Drag and drop contacts into an calendar Using Outlook 1
J OWA copy/paste and drag/drop Question Exchange Server Administration 2
R Folders disappear when I drag an email from the Inbox to them Using Outlook 1
D When I drag a message from my Inbox to another folder, the target folder disappears and only reappea Using Outlook 2
R Mail disappeared when cancelling a drag and drop 'move folder' Using Outlook 1
B Can not drag and drop attachments Using Outlook 3
S Exchange 2010 Drag and drop Exchange Server Administration 4
S Glitches with Folders and drag emails. Using Outlook 1
C Business Contact Manager 2010 - Link email to record using drag and drop? Using Outlook 6
S cannot drag emails to personal folders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Drag and drop Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Drag-and-drop to Custom Task Pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 0
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2016 Outlook, Chrome, and Clio Using Outlook 5
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2