Common Feed List - RSS not syncing with IE and desktop RSS gadget (maybe because of IE9 Beta?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason404

I have set the option for Outlook to sync RSS with the Common Feeds List in Options > Advanced.

However, the RSS feeds that I have in Outlook are not appearing in IE and vice versa. I had a look at the desktop gadget, to see what would appear in that, and it shows the IE feeds.

Does this work for anybody else? Is it broken in Outlook 2010?

I'm actually using the IE9 Beta, so it may be because of that. I would like to verify that this works with IE7/8 before I submit a bug report.

S

Sachin Shetty

Did you check under the favorites in IE?

Check under favorites in IE and see if the feeds appear.

J

Jason404

Of course that is where I was looking. A couple of hours after I posted the question, I found that they had indeed synced, although how long it takes to sync is still a mystery.

Send/Receive in Outlook does not seem to update the Outlook feeds that I have added in IE, but they do seem to appear eventually.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Common Outlook Outgoing Server (SMTP) Errors New Slipstick.com Articles 0
O Outlook 2013 EAS Account and POP Account - Common Sent Folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 21
N Common mailbox Analyzer Using Outlook 4
M Send via office common email? Exchange Server Administration 2
A Multiple Users of same computer using a common Calendar Using Outlook 3
B missing purge common in Windows Live Using Outlook 1
S exchange common event id 4999 Exchange Server Administration 2
T I want one common address book & Calendar - not one for each e-mail account Using Outlook 4
M MSExchange Common 4999 errors Exchange Server Administration 0
S MsExchange Common Error Exchange Server Administration 12
J Common runtime language? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Create new common Color Category for all users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Re: BCM failed to initialize the common language runtime BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
J common dialog Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
Flavia Lovell Can Not Subscribing the RSS Feed of Elance Jobs Using Outlook 3
V Exporting RSS Feed to OPML file Using Outlook 8
Jennifer Murphy Sync RSS feed message after Safe Mode Using Outlook 3
Commodore Importing RSS on another computer (and feed locations) Using Outlook 8
B Linkedin activity feed not visible Using Outlook 8
F Outlook Re-Downloading RSS Feed Posts Days Later Using Outlook 3
IGWright Outlook 2010 RSS Feed Folder Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
J Is it possible to combine several RSS feeds into one feed? Using Outlook 2
K When printing an email the printer goes to manual feed every time. How do I disable this in Office Using Outlook 2
J Duplicate default folders (Calendar, RSS Feed etc) when using Outlook 2007 on WinXP and Win7 boxes. I am not using PST files. Using Outlook 4
J Duplicate default folders (Calendar, RSS Feed etc) when using Outlook 2007 on WinXP and Win7 boxes. Using Outlook 1
E Can Exchange 2010 generate RSS feed from incoming emails? Exchange Server Administration 2
D HOW TO STOP RECEIVING FEED EMAILS Using Outlook 0
D RSS feed error and problem with digitally signed messages Using Outlook 1
A RSS feed inbox "new item event"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D MailItem from an RSS feed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
T Increasing the number of items that appear on the Categories list Using Outlook 2
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B See "Change View" Drop Down as a List? Using Outlook 1
B How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
M How can we find the list of users who are members of a deleted distribution list? Exchange Server Administration 2
B Outlook 365 - Folder pane list clears Using Outlook 24
B All imported tasks appear in to-do list Using Outlook 3
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
A Order of Recent Items in Attach File List Using Outlook 5
O Address list - company and non-company ? Using Outlook 0
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0