Custom Content Control or field to pull specific Outlook Address Book information into Word doc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katie Mills

I have Office 2007, PC.

I want to create a letter template that allows the user to click on a contact from the Outlook address book and pull the information in about that person for the To block (recipient name, address, city, state, zip). I added the Address Book to the QAT and it sortof works but I can't figure out how to pull in specific information into particular places in my document. It always just pulls in the Name, Company, and City/State/Country, which is not exactly what I want.

I found some macro suggestions that work, but not good for ease of use company-wide . Is there a way to setup Word/Outlook 2007 to pull only specific information? I have played with the Mail Merge option to import contacts, which is terrific for large Mail Merges but it is a bit clunky for a single letter. Is there a way to create a custom Content Control, Building blocks, fields or that fancy pants XML data binding? Some setting in Outlook? Any help or recommended reading would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.