Emails accounts, Calenders, Notes, Outlook front page and Tasks

• Thread starter Barrington Levy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barrington Levy

I have 5 email accounts when I open up outlook my main account has is own outlook page, it's own calendar, notes & task. How do I turn on the feature for my other accounts? I am currently using Outlook 2010

R

Russ Valentine

Outlook 2010 already does this by default. If yours didn't then you'll have to provide detail on how you created your mail accounts and what type they are.Russ Valentine

B

Barrington Levy

I opened add new account from the file tab and opened up a POP account once I fill out the first page the rest was automatic. I could delete the account and start again would that make it easier to explain.

Barrington Levy

R

Russ Valentine

When you do that in Outlook 2010, it creates a separate data file for each account unless you expressly tell it not to. So what you say doesn't fit with what you claim happened.Russ Valentine

G

Ganesh Kumar N

If you configure the accounts as imap, it will create separate folders for imap accounts. However you have to check if the accounts can be configured as imap.

Also you can create different profiles and configure the email accounts with the profiles so that the emails will go to the corresponding profiles.

Refer the link to create a new outlook profile:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Ganesh Kumar N

R

Roady [MVP]

Are you talking about the "Outlook Today" page? That is only available for the main data file.

If you are talking about the actual folders; adding an additional POP3 account only adds additional mail folders. You can manually add Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks and Journal folders as you please via the Folder tab.

B

Barrington Levy

yes, I am talking about the outlook page. Thank you for the heads up I was banging my head wondering why not, can I change my main data file to anohter email account?

B

Barrington Levy

Hi, I am refering to the outlook page, i've been told that this can cannot happen unless it is the main data file.

B

Barrington Levy

Hi, I am refering to the outlook page, i've been told that this can cannot happen unless it is the main data file

G

Ganesh Kumar N

As roady said, you can view the outlook today page only for the default mail box in outlook. If you want to view the outlook today page for the other mail box, you have to set the other personal folder as default.

Ganesh Kumar N

Status
Not open for further replies.