Re: How can I make the sound as loud as poss to alert for new mail

  • Thread starter R2FicmllbGxl
  • Start date Views 2,009
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R2FicmllbGxl

I have another question that pertains to the question above... how do I

change the sound played for this alert? Somehow it changed on me by itself

(not sure maybe someone was playing around) and it now plays an annoying

little clunk. Any suggestions please?

"Vanguard" wrote:


> "Gary T" <Gary T> wrote in message
> news:82B334D9-2CD8-4D70-99D0-2F94F36F451B@microsoft.com...
> >I work in a loud environment. I would like to make incoming message
> >alerts
> > as loud as possible. Can this be changed?


> Turn up the volume control on the powered speakers. Slide up the volume
> in the Volume Control applet for the WAV or Master controls. Use a
> sound file editor to increase the volume of the recording in the .wav
> file used for the sound event. Use headphones. Forget the sound and
> configure the e-mail client or use a rule to pop open an alert window on
> the screen. After all, if you are in such a loud environment where
> turning up the volume on the speakers or volume control applet won't let
> you hear the sound then you should definitely be wearing hearing
> protectors to save your ears from gradual damage. I wore ear protectors
> in a computer room because of all the fan noise and didn't want to
> damage my hearing. Since you won't hear the sound alert with ear
> protectors, use a visual clue that you have new mail.

>
 
V

VanguardLH

Gabrielle wrote:

> Vanguard wrote on 04-Jun-2006:
>

>> Gary T wrote on 04-Jun-2006 ...
> >
>>> I work in a loud environment. I would like to make incoming
> >> message alerts as loud as possible. Can this be changed?

>

>> Turn up the volume control on the powered speakers. Slide up the
> > volume in the Volume Control applet for the WAV or Master controls.
> > Use a sound file editor to increase the volume of the recording in
> > the .wav file used for the sound event. Use headphones. Forget the
> > sound and configure the e-mail client or use a rule to pop open an
> > alert window on the screen. After all, if you are in such a loud
> > environment where turning up the volume on the speakers or volume
> > control applet won't let you hear the sound then you should
> > definitely be wearing hearing protectors to save your ears from
> > gradual damage. I wore ear protectors in a computer room because of
> > all the fan noise and didn't want to damage my hearing. Since you
> > won't hear the sound alert with ear protectors, use a visual clue
> > that you have new mail.


> I have another question that pertains to the question above... how do
> I change the sound played for this alert? Somehow it changed on me by
> itself (not sure maybe someone was playing around) and it now plays
> an annoying little clunk. Any suggestions please?


Why are you responding to a thread whose last post (mine) was almost 3

years ago back in June 4, 2006? Hell, I don't keep posts in my

newsreader that are over 10 days old!

Besides that blunder, you say "I have another question" but you were

never involved in the original thread, shown archived at:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/dec3f9d6eed3574e/76a2ba99a8ab1fb9#76a2ba99a8ab1fb9

unless maybe Gary had a sex change to become Gabrielle. ;-))

If you are going to attempt to hijack a thread, use a new one. Better

would be to start your own new thread.
 
S

SWNlVE5lVA

Gabrielle,

Pay no attention to this flamer. He is the reason cyber-bullying exists. Go

to the Control Panel and find the option for sounds. Within this option you

can change the default sound to another sound on your system. You can do a

Google or WindowsLive search for .wav files and download one if you'd like.

Since each version of Windows is a bit different and the appearance and

access to Control Panel can easily be changed, find the sound option and play

around with it until you get it. If you mess up, just change the theme back

to one of the list values. I hope that helps.

And VanguardLH... grow up.

"VanguardLH" wrote:


> Gabrielle wrote:
> > Vanguard wrote on 04-Jun-2006:
> >
> >> Gary T wrote on 04-Jun-2006 ...
> >>
> >>> I work in a loud environment. I would like to make incoming
> >>> message alerts as loud as possible. Can this be changed?
> >
> >> Turn up the volume control on the powered speakers. Slide up the
> >> volume in the Volume Control applet for the WAV or Master controls.
> >> Use a sound file editor to increase the volume of the recording in
> >> the .wav file used for the sound event. Use headphones. Forget the
> >> sound and configure the e-mail client or use a rule to pop open an
> >> alert window on the screen. After all, if you are in such a loud
> >> environment where turning up the volume on the speakers or volume
> >> control applet won't let you hear the sound then you should
> >> definitely be wearing hearing protectors to save your ears from
> >> gradual damage. I wore ear protectors in a computer room because of
> >> all the fan noise and didn't want to damage my hearing. Since you
> >> won't hear the sound alert with ear protectors, use a visual clue
> >> that you have new mail.

> > I have another question that pertains to the question above... how do
> > I change the sound played for this alert? Somehow it changed on me by
> > itself (not sure maybe someone was playing around) and it now plays
> > an annoying little clunk. Any suggestions please?


> Why are you responding to a thread whose last post (mine) was almost 3
> years ago back in June 4, 2006? Hell, I don't keep posts in my
> newsreader that are over 10 days old!

> Besides that blunder, you say "I have another question" but you were
> never involved in the original thread, shown archived at:

> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/dec3f9d6eed3574e/76a2ba99a8ab1fb9#76a2ba99a8ab1fb9

> unless maybe Gary had a sex change to become Gabrielle. ;-))

> If you are going to attempt to hijack a thread, use a new one. Better
> would be to start your own new thread.
>
 
F

Foilman_1

Thanks for the helpful reply Ice, it's a pity VanguardLH has been put on

those prescription "Angry Pills" but when you've got the problems he's got

you just have to take the medicine and wait for the cure.

"IceTNeT" wrote:


> Gabrielle,

> Pay no attention to this flamer. He is the reason cyber-bullying exists. Go
> to the Control Panel and find the option for sounds. Within this option you
> can change the default sound to another sound on your system. You can do a
> Google or WindowsLive search for .wav files and download one if you'd like.
> Since each version of Windows is a bit different and the appearance and
> access to Control Panel can easily be changed, find the sound option and play
> around with it until you get it. If you mess up, just change the theme back
> to one of the list values. I hope that helps.

> And VanguardLH... grow up.

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
> > Gabrielle wrote:
> > > > Vanguard wrote on 04-Jun-2006:
> > >
> > >> Gary T wrote on 04-Jun-2006 ...
> > >>
> > >>> I work in a loud environment. I would like to make incoming
> > >>> message alerts as loud as possible. Can this be changed?
> > >
> > >> Turn up the volume control on the powered speakers. Slide up the
> > >> volume in the Volume Control applet for the WAV or Master controls.
> > >> Use a sound file editor to increase the volume of the recording in
> > >> the .wav file used for the sound event. Use headphones. Forget the
> > >> sound and configure the e-mail client or use a rule to pop open an
> > >> alert window on the screen. After all, if you are in such a loud
> > >> environment where turning up the volume on the speakers or volume
> > >> control applet won't let you hear the sound then you should
> > >> definitely be wearing hearing protectors to save your ears from
> > >> gradual damage. I wore ear protectors in a computer room because of
> > >> all the fan noise and didn't want to damage my hearing. Since you
> > >> won't hear the sound alert with ear protectors, use a visual clue
> > >> that you have new mail.
> > > > I have another question that pertains to the question above... how do
> > > I change the sound played for this alert? Somehow it changed on me by
> > > itself (not sure maybe someone was playing around) and it now plays
> > > an annoying little clunk. Any suggestions please?

> > Why are you responding to a thread whose last post (mine) was almost 3
> > years ago back in June 4, 2006? Hell, I don't keep posts in my
> > newsreader that are over 10 days old!
> > Besides that blunder, you say "I have another question" but you were
> > never involved in the original thread, shown archived at:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/dec3f9d6eed3574e/76a2ba99a8ab1fb9#76a2ba99a8ab1fb9
> > unless maybe Gary had a sex change to become Gabrielle. ;-))
> > If you are going to attempt to hijack a thread, use a new one. Better
> > would be to start your own new thread.
> >
 
A

Anita

Stuff a sock in it, VanguardLH... question for YOU - why are YOU checking a 3

year old post?

"VanguardLH" wrote:


> Gabrielle wrote:
> > Vanguard wrote on 04-Jun-2006:
> >
> >> Gary T wrote on 04-Jun-2006 ...
> >>
> >>> I work in a loud environment. I would like to make incoming
> >>> message alerts as loud as possible. Can this be changed?
> >
> >> Turn up the volume control on the powered speakers. Slide up the
> >> volume in the Volume Control applet for the WAV or Master controls.
> >> Use a sound file editor to increase the volume of the recording in
> >> the .wav file used for the sound event. Use headphones. Forget the
> >> sound and configure the e-mail client or use a rule to pop open an
> >> alert window on the screen. After all, if you are in such a loud
> >> environment where turning up the volume on the speakers or volume
> >> control applet won't let you hear the sound then you should
> >> definitely be wearing hearing protectors to save your ears from
> >> gradual damage. I wore ear protectors in a computer room because of
> >> all the fan noise and didn't want to damage my hearing. Since you
> >> won't hear the sound alert with ear protectors, use a visual clue
> >> that you have new mail.

> > I have another question that pertains to the question above... how do
> > I change the sound played for this alert? Somehow it changed on me by
> > itself (not sure maybe someone was playing around) and it now plays
> > an annoying little clunk. Any suggestions please?


> Why are you responding to a thread whose last post (mine) was almost 3
> years ago back in June 4, 2006? Hell, I don't keep posts in my
> newsreader that are over 10 days old!

> Besides that blunder, you say "I have another question" but you were
> never involved in the original thread, shown archived at:

> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/dec3f9d6eed3574e/76a2ba99a8ab1fb9#76a2ba99a8ab1fb9

> unless maybe Gary had a sex change to become Gabrielle. ;-))

> If you are going to attempt to hijack a thread, use a new one. Better
> would be to start your own new thread.
>
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm am curious as to why this thread keeps getting found months after it

apparently died. He wasn't the one checking a 3 yr old post. In March,

someone dug it up and he replied, another person found it in april, it

happened again in july, and now you resurrected it. Why is it so popular?

You can see the recent posts to the thread at

https://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=790



"Anita" <Anita> wrote in message

news:A453E738-19D7-49D4-A450-CA5EAC715993@microsoft.com...
> Stuff a sock in it, VanguardLH... question for YOU - why are YOU checking
> a 3
> year old post?

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
> > Gabrielle wrote:
> >> > Vanguard wrote on 04-Jun-2006:
> > >
>> >> Gary T wrote on 04-Jun-2006 ...
> > >>
>> >>> I work in a loud environment. I would like to make incoming
> > >>> message alerts as loud as possible. Can this be changed?
> > >
>> >> Turn up the volume control on the powered speakers. Slide up the
> > >> volume in the Volume Control applet for the WAV or Master controls.
> > >> Use a sound file editor to increase the volume of the recording in
> > >> the .wav file used for the sound event. Use headphones. Forget the
> > >> sound and configure the e-mail client or use a rule to pop open an
> > >> alert window on the screen. After all, if you are in such a loud
> > >> environment where turning up the volume on the speakers or volume
> > >> control applet won't let you hear the sound then you should
> > >> definitely be wearing hearing protectors to save your ears from
> > >> gradual damage. I wore ear protectors in a computer room because of
> > >> all the fan noise and didn't want to damage my hearing. Since you
> > >> won't hear the sound alert with ear protectors, use a visual clue
> > >> that you have new mail.
> >> > I have another question that pertains to the question above... how do
> > > I change the sound played for this alert? Somehow it changed on me by
> > > itself (not sure maybe someone was playing around) and it now plays
> > > an annoying little clunk. Any suggestions please?

>

>> Why are you responding to a thread whose last post (mine) was almost 3
> > years ago back in June 4, 2006? Hell, I don't keep posts in my
> > newsreader that are over 10 days old!
>

>> Besides that blunder, you say "I have another question" but you were
> > never involved in the original thread, shown archived at:
>

>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/dec3f9d6eed3574e/76a2ba99a8ab1fb9#76a2ba99a8ab1fb9
>

>> unless maybe Gary had a sex change to become Gabrielle. ;-))
>

>> If you are going to attempt to hijack a thread, use a new one. Better
> > would be to start your own new thread.
> >
 
P

Pugmom

This is probably resurrected because more often than not on help sites it is

common to have people search for a solution and find an answer rather than

start a new thread that has already been put up. We're almost programmed to

seek first THEN ask.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:


> I'm am curious as to why this thread keeps getting found months after it
> apparently died. He wasn't the one checking a 3 yr old post. In March,
> someone dug it up and he replied, another person found it in april, it
> happened again in july, and now you resurrected it. Why is it so popular?

> You can see the recent posts to the thread at
> https://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=790

> >

>

>

>

>

> "Anita" <Anita> wrote in message
> news:A453E738-19D7-49D4-A450-CA5EAC715993@microsoft.com...
> > Stuff a sock in it, VanguardLH... question for YOU - why are YOU checking
> > a 3
> > year old post?
> > "VanguardLH" wrote:
> >
> >> Gabrielle wrote:
> >> >> > Vanguard wrote on 04-Jun-2006:
> >> >
> >> >> Gary T wrote on 04-Jun-2006 ...
> >> >>
> >> >>> I work in a loud environment. I would like to make incoming
> >> >>> message alerts as loud as possible. Can this be changed?
> >> >
> >> >> Turn up the volume control on the powered speakers. Slide up the
> >> >> volume in the Volume Control applet for the WAV or Master controls.
> >> >> Use a sound file editor to increase the volume of the recording in
> >> >> the .wav file used for the sound event. Use headphones. Forget the
> >> >> sound and configure the e-mail client or use a rule to pop open an
> >> >> alert window on the screen. After all, if you are in such a loud
> >> >> environment where turning up the volume on the speakers or volume
> >> >> control applet won't let you hear the sound then you should
> >> >> definitely be wearing hearing protectors to save your ears from
> >> >> gradual damage. I wore ear protectors in a computer room because of
> >> >> all the fan noise and didn't want to damage my hearing. Since you
> >> >> won't hear the sound alert with ear protectors, use a visual clue
> >> >> that you have new mail.
> >> >> > I have another question that pertains to the question above... how do
> >> > I change the sound played for this alert? Somehow it changed on me by
> >> > itself (not sure maybe someone was playing around) and it now plays
> >> > an annoying little clunk. Any suggestions please?
> >
> >> Why are you responding to a thread whose last post (mine) was almost 3
> >> years ago back in June 4, 2006? Hell, I don't keep posts in my
> >> newsreader that are over 10 days old!
> >
> >> Besides that blunder, you say "I have another question" but you were
> >> never involved in the original thread, shown archived at:
> >
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/dec3f9d6eed3574e/76a2ba99a8ab1fb9#76a2ba99a8ab1fb9
> >
> >> unless maybe Gary had a sex change to become Gabrielle. ;-))
> >
> >> If you are going to attempt to hijack a thread, use a new one. Better
> >> would be to start your own new thread.
> >>

>
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Except the last few posts have nothing to do with the title of the thread

and the ones from earlier this year are only remotely related. Seems more

like someone who doesn't like Vanguard keeps replying to them.

For future reference on the sound topic:

http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/sounds.htm



"Pugmom" <Pugmom> wrote in message

news:DD382598-90EF-4508-9530-F5E26E913E60@microsoft.com...
> This is probably resurrected because more often than not on help sites it
> is
> common to have people search for a solution and find an answer rather than
> start a new thread that has already been put up. We're almost programmed
> to
> seek first THEN ask.

>
 
U

uwdoug79

The reason people keep replying to this thread is because if you have Office

2007 and you do a local search in their help file for "Turn Desktop Alerts on

or off", at the bottom of the help topic there is a link for Related Office

Online discussions and the first link takes you to this post...

sigh..............

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:


> Except the last few posts have nothing to do with the title of the thread
> and the ones from earlier this year are only remotely related. Seems more
> like someone who doesn't like Vanguard keeps replying to them.

> For future reference on the sound topic:
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/sounds.htm

> >

>

>

>

>

> "Pugmom" <Pugmom> wrote in message
> news:DD382598-90EF-4508-9530-F5E26E913E60@microsoft.com...
> > This is probably resurrected because more often than not on help sites it
> > is
> > common to have people search for a solution and find an answer rather than
> > start a new thread that has already been put up. We're almost programmed
> > to
> > seek first THEN ask.
> >


>
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks!

As for the problem with desktop alerts, if you use Outlook 2007 SP2, there

is a known issue where something prevents them from displaying. It may be

related to an itunes addin - see

http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#1.



"uwdoug79" <uwdoug79> wrote in message

news:C2CD64A4-0923-45A4-9535-1789E54E040F@microsoft.com...
> The reason people keep replying to this thread is because if you have
> Office
> 2007 and you do a local search in their help file for "Turn Desktop Alerts
> on
> or off", at the bottom of the help topic there is a link for Related
> Office
> Online discussions and the first link takes you to this post...
> sigh..............

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Except the last few posts have nothing to do with the title of the thread
> > and the ones from earlier this year are only remotely related. Seems
> > more
> > like someone who doesn't like Vanguard keeps replying to them.
>

>> For future reference on the sound topic:
> > http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/sounds.htm
>

>
>
>> > >

>

>
>
>>

>

>>

>

>>

> >
>

>> "Pugmom" <Pugmom> wrote in message
> > news:DD382598-90EF-4508-9530-F5E26E913E60@microsoft.com...
> > > This is probably resurrected because more often than not on help sites
> > > it
> > > is
> > > common to have people search for a solution and find an answer rather
> > > than
> > > start a new thread that has already been put up. We're almost
> > > programmed
> > > to
> > > seek first THEN ask.
> >> >

>

>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top