• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Why does Outlook keep shutting itself off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a3J5czIxMA

#1
After several minutes, Outlook just turns itself off whether I'm using it or

not. Can't imagine what is configured to do that. Need help and suggestions!
 
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
#2
Version of Outlook and Windows?

Is it actually closing or just getting minimized to the tray?

"krys210" <krys210> wrote in message

news:65088FDB-4274-40CA-ADEF-C7A86E303713@microsoft.com...
> After several minutes, Outlook just turns itself off whether I'm using it
> or
> not. Can't imagine what is configured to do that. Need help and
> suggestions!
 
A

a3J5czIxMA

#3
Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium. Actually turns itself off, sometimes

within minutes, sometimes more - no consistent time pattern that I can

discern. Have checked to make sure receive/send is not set to turn off and

can't imagine what other setting would cause this. Perhaps a corrupted pst

file?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:


> Version of Outlook and Windows?
> Is it actually closing or just getting minimized to the tray?

> >

>

>

> "krys210" <krys210> wrote in message
> news:65088FDB-4274-40CA-ADEF-C7A86E303713@microsoft.com...
> > After several minutes, Outlook just turns itself off whether I'm using it
> > or
> > not. Can't imagine what is configured to do that. Need help and
> > suggestions!


>
 
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
#4
it could be corrupted support files or who knows what. Try a new profile -

name it Test - and see if it works. This new profile will have a new pst

and new support files.

Oh, are you scanning email with a virus or spam scanner? if so, disable

them.

"krys210" <krys210> wrote in message

news:0367060E-2DCE-4C4B-A459-CAF9A8BA6FF6@microsoft.com...
> Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium. Actually turns itself off, sometimes
> within minutes, sometimes more - no consistent time pattern that I can
> discern. Have checked to make sure receive/send is not set to turn off
> and
> can't imagine what other setting would cause this. Perhaps a corrupted
> pst
> file?

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Version of Outlook and Windows?
> > Is it actually closing or just getting minimized to the tray?
>

>> > >

>

>
>
>>

>

>>

>

>> or point
> > your
>

>
>> "krys210" <krys210> wrote in message
> > news:65088FDB-4274-40CA-ADEF-C7A86E303713@microsoft.com...
> > > After several minutes, Outlook just turns itself off whether I'm using
> > > it
> > > or
> > > not. Can't imagine what is configured to do that. Need help and
> > > suggestions!

>

>>
 
#5
Next time it 'dissapears'

Bring up Task Manager, in running processes check that outlook.exe is not

shown

Or having rebooted your PC start outlook using the safe switch (hold down

Ctrl key whilst starting Outlook) does it now run without problems?

"krys210" <krys210> wrote in message

news:0367060E-2DCE-4C4B-A459-CAF9A8BA6FF6@microsoft.com...
> Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium. Actually turns itself off, sometimes
> within minutes, sometimes more - no consistent time pattern that I can
> discern. Have checked to make sure receive/send is not set to turn off
> and
> can't imagine what other setting would cause this. Perhaps a corrupted
> pst
> file?

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Version of Outlook and Windows?
> > Is it actually closing or just getting minimized to the tray?
>

>> > >

>

>
>
>>

>

>>

>

>> or point
> > your
>

>
>> "krys210" <krys210> wrote in message
> > news:65088FDB-4274-40CA-ADEF-C7A86E303713@microsoft.com...
> > > After several minutes, Outlook just turns itself off whether I'm using
> > > it
> > > or
> > > not. Can't imagine what is configured to do that. Need help and
> > > suggestions!

>

>>
 
A

a3J5czIxMA

#6
Thanks, am going to try that first.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:


> it could be corrupted support files or who knows what. Try a new profile -
> name it Test - and see if it works. This new profile will have a new pst
> and new support files.

> Oh, are you scanning email with a virus or spam scanner? if so, disable
> them.

> >

>

>

> "krys210" <krys210> wrote in message
> news:0367060E-2DCE-4C4B-A459-CAF9A8BA6FF6@microsoft.com...
> > Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium. Actually turns itself off, sometimes
> > within minutes, sometimes more - no consistent time pattern that I can
> > discern. Have checked to make sure receive/send is not set to turn off
> > and
> > can't imagine what other setting would cause this. Perhaps a corrupted
> > pst
> > file?
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Version of Outlook and Windows?
> >> Is it actually closing or just getting minimized to the tray?
> >
> >> > >>

> >
> >
> >
> >>

> > >
> >>

> > >
> > >> or point
> >> your
> > >
> >
> >> "krys210" <krys210> wrote in message
> >> news:65088FDB-4274-40CA-ADEF-C7A86E303713@microsoft.com...
> >> > After several minutes, Outlook just turns itself off whether I'm using
> >> > it
> >> > or
> >> > not. Can't imagine what is configured to do that. Need help and
> >> > suggestions!
> >
> >>

>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads