outlook contacts has divided my contacts into 2 groups, both show 'company none' how can i combine these?

• Thread starter Russ in the boat
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Russ in the boat

outlook contacts has divided my contacts into two groups and i would like to see combined list. both show "company none" i have looked at individual contacts and they appear to be structured the same. how can i combine the two list into one?

R

Russ Valentine

Could you be a bit more clear on what it is you think Outlook did? Clarify what you mean by "groups" and where you see them. State how you populated your Contacts Folder in this new installation. I doubt this is something Outlook did all by itself.Russ Valentine

R

Russ in the boat

thanks for your offer to help. i got a new computer and had my local tech guy transfer from older version of outlook to outlook 2010. In playing around with it, i hit arrange by catagory and that fixed the problem. Dont really know what "catagory" means but all is good now. Thank you very much for your interest.

K

ktaber

That technically isn't the fix. Mine is doing it too and I noticed that when you arrange by Category if you choose Show in Groups it continues to show the two groups of Company: (none)

Here is a snippet of what it looks like: http://tinypic.com/r/2lc8w89/7

R

Russ Valentine

"Show in groups" is not an active option and would be grayed out if you were using the "Arrange by Categories" view. Moreover, "Arrange by Category" does not group by company. Only the By Company view does that. If you have a question, please post a more accurate account of the problem and the steps that can reproduce it.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Outlook 2013 has two sets of contacts Using Outlook 2
E My Microsoft Office 2010 Beta version has expired. How do I backup my Outlook contacts and email bef Using Outlook 1
I Outlook Home & Office only has office contacts templates Using Outlook 1
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 3
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
T Outlook Contacts ... Changing Font Size, Style, Bold, etc. Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
L How do you turn off Outlook contacts "hints" popup Using Outlook 2
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
W Migrating Outlook 365 Contacts & Calendar Using Outlook 2
K Outlook.com is not showing, or finding via search, all my Contacts (People) Using Outlook 0
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7
C Import Outlook 2016 contacts into to: field Using Outlook 1
S Outlook.com birthdays show up 1 day late on iPhone contacts list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 29
S Outlook.com cannot edit some contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
S Missing Outlook calendar and contacts Using Outlook 0
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2007 Contacts Glitch: Creating a new email Using Outlook 1
G Icloud Contacts With Outlook Issue Using Outlook 4
Cdub27 Move Outlook 2016 Contacts to Other Folders - Extremely Slow !! Using Outlook 6
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
A add birthday to outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
O :Managing contacts in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
M How to remove a list of specific contacts from Outlook Using Outlook 18
E 365 Outlook changed from POP3 to IMAP,all contacts lost Using Outlook 3
P Current View Pane for Contacts missing from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
S Outlook VBA Contacts Notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Contacts folders, outlook 2016 Calendar Printing Assistant 0
C Outlook 2016 doesn't show contacts in address book Using Outlook 2
P Contacts gone missing in Outlook 2013 POP Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 on re-imaged computer missing calendar/contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Batch Import Photos into Outlook Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
GregS No contacts sync from Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone Using Outlook 0
GregS Sync contacts Outlook.com to "MS People" mobile Using Outlook 1
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook Calendar and Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Setting the default Country for Outlook Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Outlook Contacts - Design This Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Synching Office 365 contacts to Iphone MS Outlook client Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Add to Outlook Contacts Bug (Fixed) New Slipstick.com Articles 1
makinmyway Bulk Delete Contacts in iOS Outlook App Using Outlook 4
tswatek Issue with where Outlook saves new contacts Using Outlook 3
Brendan Keeping Outlook contacts on PC after signing out of icloud Using Outlook 1