outlook contacts has divided my contacts into 2 groups, both show 'company none' how can i combine these?

• Thread starter Russ in the boat
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Russ in the boat

outlook contacts has divided my contacts into two groups and i would like to see combined list. both show "company none" i have looked at individual contacts and they appear to be structured the same. how can i combine the two list into one?

R

Russ Valentine

Could you be a bit more clear on what it is you think Outlook did? Clarify what you mean by "groups" and where you see them. State how you populated your Contacts Folder in this new installation. I doubt this is something Outlook did all by itself.Russ Valentine

R

Russ in the boat

thanks for your offer to help. i got a new computer and had my local tech guy transfer from older version of outlook to outlook 2010. In playing around with it, i hit arrange by catagory and that fixed the problem. Dont really know what "catagory" means but all is good now. Thank you very much for your interest.

K

ktaber

That technically isn't the fix. Mine is doing it too and I noticed that when you arrange by Category if you choose Show in Groups it continues to show the two groups of Company: (none)

Here is a snippet of what it looks like: http://tinypic.com/r/2lc8w89/7

R

Russ Valentine

"Show in groups" is not an active option and would be grayed out if you were using the "Arrange by Categories" view. Moreover, "Arrange by Category" does not group by company. Only the By Company view does that. If you have a question, please post a more accurate account of the problem and the steps that can reproduce it.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.