Outlook 2010 and the Iphone 3Gs sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digidiva

I have Windows 7 with a 64 bit system. I previously had Outlook 2000 installed and it was horrible. I could not get it to receive my mail, the send/receive button wasn't there. Horrible. I assumed compatibility issues. I have an Iphone 3Gs and when I would sync, Outlook would be an option but I couldn't get Outlook 2000 to work so I never input any contacts or anything. I've been wanting to get it fixed where I could have all of my contacts/calendars and such in Outlook and update the phone from outlook. I downloaded a trial copy of Office 2010 with the Outlook. When I would go to sync my phone, Outlook was an option until I deleted Office 2000. Now I have the option of Google contacts, Yahoo Contacts or Windows Contacts. Under the Calendars it now says that there is no supported Calendar can be found. It says the same thing under the Email Accounts. Is there a way to fix this problem so that I can sync with 2010? Everything I have read on the internet says no. If it can not be fixed, is there a place that I can get a trial of Office 2007 with Outlook as I have read that 2007 works with no problems. Please get back to me on this. I have been working on this for most of the night and this morning and am so completely frustrated.

Thanks,

Angie

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

The place you need to be asking questions is with the vendor of the "sync" software (in this Apple). Contrary to popular belief, Outlook is in no way involved with any part of the sync process for any mobile "sync". That is completely controled by the vendor's sync software which uses Outlook data files.

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

"

D

digidiva

Thanks for the reply Karl. The actual problem was, however with Outlook and the fact that when you go to download a trial version of Office 2010 you are automatically sent to a "click to run" version of the software. After I studied the internet enough to figure out the problem, uninstalled the original software and reinstalled the non click to run version that I had to actually seek out-everything worked perfectly. So, sorry, in this case it had absolutely nothing to do with apple. Maybe it sometimes does, but not in this case.

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

Guess it's a matter of perspective - the problem simply indicates that your sync software didn't work with the actual version of Outlook installed (in this case "O'2010 Click-to-run") - no different then some addins that explicitly don't work with 64bit Outlook or others that haven't been upgraded to work with O'2010 at all etc - in all cases, not an Outlook issue.

In short - the requirements of the software in question (i.e. the sync software in this case) were not met. Those are stipulations of the individual vendor's software product requirements. Outlook (or more specifically Microsoft) cannot know the requirements of every possible program that exists that interacts with Outlook either directly or indirectly.

However, will acknowledge that it's a well known fact that Apple sync doesn't work with CTR Outlook but CTR wasn't initially identified.

"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2010 - email correspondence only showing up fully on an IPhone. Using Outlook 1
B Timed events created in iPhone auto-change to All Day events in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 has stopped sinking with my iPhone and iPad Using Outlook 1
A Adding Work Calendar to my iPhone 4S from Outlook 2010 and vice a versa. Using Outlook 5
J How-to setup Outlook 2010, Windows 7-32bit, iPhone (so they work and play tog. Using Outlook 3
M Sync Outlook 2010 Notes and Journal with iPhone 4 Using Outlook 1
N Trouble importing calender information from iPhone into OutLook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Microsoft outlook 2010 + iphone Using Outlook 1
J Syncing Outlook 2010 with iphone 4 - getting duplicate entries on phone Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 and work Exchange account problem - but fine on iPhone? Using Outlook 2
S Can I sync to iphone with trial version of Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 calendar and Iphone stopped syncing data back and forth Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2010: Some contact photos disappear after sync with iPhone Using Outlook 1
T Can't sync with Iphone 4 and Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M iPhone sync issue with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
H I upgraded to Outlook 2010 click to run(64 bit) and now I can not sync with my iphone 3G. I have latest itune and iphone software. Apple says it is Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
E Outlook 2010 Subject sort uses Thread-Topic for grouping Using Outlook 2
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
RBLampert Outlook 2010 sends to/receives from some Gmail addresses but not others Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about address book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9