Not open for further replies.
H

h_c_87

Person A has shared his calendar with person B(with B as an editor) so
that B can accept meeting requests, change location/time for a meeting
which will be attended by A. Person B could do that on his computer and
view A's calendar, make changes using Outlook 2007. Person B got a new
computer so outlook 2007 was configured on the new machine so that B
could access his emails, calendars and contacts as well as A's calendar.
On the new computer B can view his calendar, emails, but cannot
even view A's calendar which he was able to do on his old computer. A
is out of town so he cannot send a sharing invitation message(as per
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc743438.aspx) to B again.

We are using Exchange 2007

1. What can B do to access A's calendar on the new computer?

2. When calendars are shared using Outlook 2007, aren't the permissions
stored on the server like B can view his calendar on the new computer.
So, why he cannot view A's calendar for which he has permission?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

B's old computer was running Windows XP(32 bit) and new one is running Windows 7(64 bit) if it matters. Office 2007 is used on both so both have Outlook 2007 Saw the link http://www.helpdesk.ilstu.edu/kb/index.phtml?kbid=1251 but B doesn't see the Open a Shared Calendar... option when he opens his email or calendar using outlook

H

h_c_87

First, I tried the automatic configuration for Outlook 2007 by trying
these steps under Auto Account Setup in the Add New E-mail Account dialog box:

1. In the Your Name box, type your full name.
2. In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address.

3. In the Password box, type the password that your ISP provided.
4. In the Retype Password box, retype the password, and then click Next to begin the Auto Account Setup process.

Outlook 2007 tried to automatically configure account settings and server settings, but it was not successful which I thought would not work
since I could not enter the exchange server name anywhere so how would Outlook configure the email account?

Then, I configured the new e-mail account manually, by following the below steps in the Add New E-mail Account dialog box:

Choose Email service as POP3/IMAP/Exchange/HTTP

In Auto Account Set up I chose
1. select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then click Next.
2. Chose Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
3. Under User Information, follow these steps:
1. In the Your Name box, type your full name.
2. In the E-mail Address box, type your full e-mail address.

4. Under Server Information, click the type of e-mail account that you have in the Account Type box.
* I chose POP3/IMAP/Exchange/HTTP in the Account Type box, follow these steps:
1. In the Incoming mail server box, type the name of the server. This is the server that holds your messages before you download them to the computer. Type the server name in lowercase letters. The name may be in the form of "mail.contoso.com." Or the name may be in the form of an IP address, such as 172.12.0.0.
2. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the name of the outgoing e-mail server. Type the server name in lowercase letters. The name may be in the form of "mail.contoso.com." Or, the name may be in the form of an IP address, such as 172.12.0.0.

5. Under Logon Information, follow these steps:
1. In the User Name box, type your user name. The user name is usually the part of your e-mail address to the left of the at sign (@).
2. In the Password box, type the password that your ISP provided.
3. If you want Outlook to remember your e-mail account password, click to select the Remember password check box.

6. Click Test Account Settings. This feature calls a dialog box that displays, in a step-by-step manner, each phase of the testing of the configuration that you entered. When you click Test Account Settings, the following process occurs:
* The connectivity of the system to the Internet is confirmed.
* You are logged on to the SMTP server.
* You are logged on to the POP3 server.
* It is determined whether the POP3 server must be logged on to first. If it is required, Outlook automatically sets the Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail option.
* A test message is sent. This message explains any changes that Outlook made to the initial setup.
8. If you want to modify your e-mail account any more, click More Settings to open the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
9. Click Next, and then click Finish.

So, because I chose POP3, I cannot see the shared calendar? What should I do now to switch to Exchange so that the shared calendar can be visible?

Thanks for your advice and time.

H

h_c_87

Thanks Diane,

1. B's account was not configured as connecting to Exchange server account, but as POP3. Once that was done, it worked fine.

I appreciate your advice and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.