In MS Office 2010 Contacts I need to merge two groups both called "company: None".

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lyndsweb

Recently we upgraded to MS Office 2010. The contacts have been pulled in from Windows Live Mail and were automatically put into a 'group' called " Company: None" . (All contacts put under a company name have gone separately into their own groups, named respectively).

Adding a new contact puts it into a separate group by the same name 'Company: None', and I am unable to merge the groups or copy the old ones into the new group. I wish for all contacts to be in the same place. Please tell me this is possible!

R

Roady [MVP]

You can drag and drop your contacts from one group to the other group to change the propery that you have grouped your contacts by.

You are also free to sort and group your contacts by any other property. You can do so via the View tab.

Robert Sparnaaij

L

Lyndsweb

We have changed the view and that does help. But if you wanted it viewed by 'company' to view those contacts that you do have with company's enlisted, then it poses a problem in this view because it's creating two 'Company:None' groups. We think it is related to the way they were pulled from Live Mail. All these old contacts have gone into the initial 'Company:None' group and all new contacts created are put into a second, new group by the same name. It just would be great if under this view, there was a way to merge the two.

And it won't drag and drop from one to the other at all.

Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Office 2010 cant set up contacts. Using Outlook 1
K How do I import e-mails, folders with saved e-mails, contacts and calender to Office 2010. Using Outlook 2
S How to transfer Contacts and Calender from Office XP on Old PC to New PC runing Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
S how do I import my contacts from windows mail to office 2010. I am using vista Using Outlook 1
G Office 2010 Quick Contacts option not available in To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
E My Microsoft Office 2010 Beta version has expired. How do I backup my Outlook contacts and email bef Using Outlook 1
S Office 2010 Outlook Contacts Lists Issue Multiple Contact lists. Using Outlook 3
B Need to load my contacts list and information from my office outlook - older version to my home outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C How do I transfer Outlook Express files (contacts, inbox, etc) to Outlook (Office 2010)? Using Outlook 2
W Recently Purchased MS Office 2010 Home/Business specifically for the ability to sync my contacts with my phone. Using Outlook 3
N How do I print my contacts for a Day Planner layout and include the Notes section in Office 2010? Using Outlook 1
U Sync Office 2010 calendar and contacts with Itouch Using Outlook 1
G I am trying to transfer/merge my Outlook Express contacts to my new Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 Outlook. Using Outlook 1
Z Acessing contacts in secondary PST file - Office 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Linking Contacts to appointments or meetings when there is no email address (in Office 2010 Professional Plus Using Outlook 1
M Recently upgraded to Window 7, and also Micosoft Office 2010, lost all email contacts from the previous version on Windows XP and Outlook Express....C Using Outlook 1
B Exporting Contacts to a .pst file in Office 2010 Using Outlook 6
S How to copy the contacts from Office 2010 down to Office 2007. Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A question about installing office 2013 Pro and using my .pst from office 2010 Using Outlook 12
H Outlook 2010 & office 365 ...what a mess Using Outlook 1
E Upgrade Issues - Office/Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 Office 2010 Hybrid Using Outlook 4
THOMAS BRAXTON Microsoft Office 2010 problems Using Outlook 1
J Lost email categories when migrating from Office 2010 to Office 2013 Using Outlook 3
Commodore Office 2013 64-bit over 2010 32-bit Using Outlook 11
R BCM 2010 Problem with remote office (VPN) users cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
O Is it possible to go from BCM Office 13 back to BCM Office 2010? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Particular Facebook "Hyperlink" Issue In Office 2010 Outlook (32 bit) Using Outlook 5
D Will Outlook 2010 work with Office 2013 H&S that was preinstalled Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Locating Tools Menu since There's No Standard Toolbar in Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
H Reocurring outlook appointment (office 2010) does not update Outlook.com Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 won't preview Office attachments Using Outlook 3
J Office + Outlook 2013 installed, but I need to install Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Office Profession Plus 2010 is not working for custom forms Using Outlook 3
K CPA - Office 2010 - 64 bit Questions Calendar Printing Assistant 1
H Two accounts, Junk email filter only works on one account, office 2010, pop3 Using Outlook 5
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
B Can't install Calendar Printing Assistant - Windows 7 64bit&Office 2010 32bit Calendar Printing Assistant 2
G Transferring Office 2002 (XP) PST into Win7 (64) Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Outllook Migration - Office 200? - 2010 - Shared Mailbox Export-Bulk 500 users Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 won't launch after installin Microsoft office 2010 service pack 1 Using Outlook 1
R MS Office 2010 repair and pst files Using Outlook 2
R Create a network PST file with office customization tool office 2010 Using Outlook 4
D How to uninstall Office 2010 beta if C2R does not work? Using Outlook 0
J New setup of MS Office 2010 and Outlook on new PC but have old .pst file from previous PC Dilema Using Outlook 2
C Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, Windows 7 Using Outlook 2
D Office 2010 - Delete email not closing and deleting anymore. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 Journal does not record activities on Office 2007 files Using Outlook 1
L Sharing: Office/Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Slow Since Office 2010 Installed Using Outlook 1