Social connector does not update contacts' pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paolone67

Hi,

I installed the Outlook Social Connector for Windows Live Messenger.

I noticed that, when a contact of mine changes his/her picture on Messenger, the picture shown in Outlook for this contact is not updated. Apparently Outlook keeps the picture in a cache that is not updated by the social connector.

Is it possible to force an update of the pictures shown in Outlook coming from a social network through the Outlook Social Connector?

Thanks in advance.

Plo

P

Paolone67

The picture has been changed some weeks ago. And, of course, I tried to restart Outlook. I also disconnected and reconnected to the social network.

I.E. is not as easy as it could seem.

Plo

P

Paolone67

None of the cases is applicable to the problem I have. In particular the case that deals with old pictures, is related to the pictures coming from Active Directory and not with the older pictures coming from the social network.

In order to solve the problem, I need to know:

where Outlook keeps the information on the pictures for contacts if and how it's possible to " flush" the cache of these pictures.

Regards.

Plo

R

Roady [MVP]

Switch to the Contacts Navigation and select the contacts folder representing the Social Network you are connecting to. You can modify or delete the contact here and eventually it should come back. If not, you can simply disconnect from the social network (delete its corresponding folder if needed) and then reconnect to it again so that it will redownload your contact list.

Robert Sparnaaij

P

Paolone67

OK. I was able to load the new pictures my contacts inserted. Unfortunately the old pictures are still there.

Is there anybody who knows where Outlook caches the pictures? I just want do flush the cache.

Thank you.

Plo

R

Roady [MVP]

It's being stored in the contact item itself and only 1 picture can be stored per contact. If you have this contact as a normal contact as well, you can expand the People Pane, hover on the image on the left and left and right arrows will become visible which allows you to browse through the various contact pictures.

Robert Sparnaaij

P

Paolone67

If I disconnect the PC from the network and open a contact that is a contact of mine both in Windows Messenger an Linked-in, I can still see all the pictures for the contact. This means that Outlook caches the pictures somewhere. And non only one picture but all pictures. The bug (in my opinion) is that Outlook keeps also the old pictures. I would like to delete the old picture coming from some social network and force Outlook to keep only the most recent. I would like to get rid o all dogs, cats, robots, horses, ducks, Simpson's characters that my contact decided in the past to put as their pictures and leave only the most recent.

Thank you.

Plo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
iwshim Outlook Social Connector for Facebook - updates? work arounds? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook's Social Connector New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Goodbye, SharePoint Social Connector New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Change the Social Connector Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky LinkedIn Social Connector Provider: Going Away New Slipstick.com Articles 1
P Social connector not working with LinkedIn? Using Outlook 1
Mr Mayor Social Connector, Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2013 and Social Connector Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Social Connector Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2013 - Removed Social Connector, LinkedIn and Messenger Reappear Using Outlook 7
K Social Connector Deployment Using Outlook 1
T SharePoint 2007 MySites and Outlook 2010 Social Connector Using Outlook 1
A Social connector breaks Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
I How to control/secure users access to Social Media Connector? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Social Connector - Options for syncing Using Outlook 1
I Outlook Social Connector error with Facebook Using Outlook 1
S 64-bit Outlook Social Connector WLM Using Outlook 5
I Microsoft Outlook Social Connector error Using Outlook 5
M Social Connector installed, uninstalled, now install crashes Outlook Using Outlook 3
W Social Connector Using Outlook 1
P Facebook showing as a contact in Outlook 2010 social connector - facebook messages do not include sender's profile. Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 Social Connector for facebook, new facebook login name Using Outlook 2
A social connector Using Outlook 3
Z Outlook WLM Social Connector Fails When Remembering the Password Is Selected Using Outlook 5
C Outlook Social Connector doesn't display anything Using Outlook 2
M outlook 2010 social connector Using Outlook 1
T 64 bit Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Social Connector Reinstallation Using Outlook 1
T Social Connector and Outlook emails Using Outlook 6
R Outlook Social Connector - contacts "sync" possible? Using Outlook 4
M Outlook Social Network connector Using Outlook 4
G Outlook Social Connector and multiple email addresses Using Outlook 3
N Outlook 2010 Facebook and windows live messenger social connector not working Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Social Network Connector: networks do not appear in the People Pane Using Outlook 10
P Outlook 2007 and Outlook Social Connector for Facebook and LinkedIn Using Outlook 2
S LinkedIn Social Network Connector Not Working with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook Social Connector for LinkedIn and MySpace working great... additional connectors: Facebook and Windows Live Messenger will not install. Get me Using Outlook 1
R Outlook Social connector for Facebook not importing all friends... Using Outlook 1
K Remove a contact from the outlook social connector Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Social Connector Issues Using Outlook 1
A Removing MS Social Connector from Outlook Pane Using Outlook 1
O I have a 64bit Win7 & Office 2010. I wish to load up the LinkedIn Social connector but can't locate it.__Can you assist? Thx az Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2007 and social connector Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Social Connector install error on Outlook 2007: Using Outlook 5
D Social Connector pictures when using both Facebook and LinkedIn Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 Social Connector - Confusing Information Using Outlook 3
J Outlook Social Connector listed as Inactive Application Add-In. Using Outlook 1
C Facebook Social Connector only works some of the time on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4