Ghost delegate from people who are not in the Orgnisation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JanineD2

Dear Outlook gurus,

One of our staff members reports that when he sends an Outlook invitation to another staff member, he gets bounced email messages back about copies not going to a staff member who left our organisation 2 years ago. If I sent an appointment to the same person I get the same result too.

I've had a look at the delegate and permission settings (and made sure " meeting-related items" are not being automatically copied to the Delegate) for the person who was originally being sent to, and cannot find this ex-staff member anywhere in the configuration. I've also checked our Exchange Server, distribution lists, and Active Directory - no trace of this staff member.

Any idea what might be causing such weird behaviour and what we could do to rectify this?

Kind regards

JD2

R

Roady [MVP]

Start Outlook with the cleanrules switch on the machine with the affected mailbox. This should also remove any delegate rules.

Start-> Run; outlook.exe /cleanrules

(note the space in the command)

If you are familiar with MFCMAPI, then you can also use that to specifically remove the Schedule+ rule.

Robert Sparnaaij

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W ghost appointment in calendar.ics Using Outlook 2
S Ghost Meeting showing up in Resource Room Free/Busy - Declining New Meeting Requests Exchange Server Administration 3
C My Outlook is trying to send a 'ghost' e-mail...ones that have been deleted from the sent items list or outgoing e-mails list. Using Outlook 2
R Ghost Emails Using Outlook 1
P Ghost Mailbox Causing Bounces (duplicate messages) - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 4
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
J Out of Office, Delegate Using Outlook 1
J No response required when delegate arranging meeting Using Outlook 0
A Delegate can't see inbox. Using Outlook 1
K Canceled meeting not seen by delegate Exchange Server Administration 1
Britonius Delegate cannot view meetings marked Private by Another Chairperson Using Outlook 7
Britonius Macros for Delegate Issues? Using Outlook 9
Britonius [SOLVED] Delegate Send, Drafts & Delete Items Functions on Behalf of Client Outlook Wishlist 12
M Delegate for multiple people -need rules to organize! Using Outlook 0
S Puzzling delegate message Exchange Server Administration 3
S Removing myself as delegate from someone else's calendar Using Outlook 1
S Newly created Folders are not showing in the shared mailbox(secondary delegate mailbox) Using Outlook 1
R Exchange 2010 Personal Archives Permission and Delegate Access Exchange Server Administration 1
S Delegate Calendar Deleting Exchange Server Administration 1
H Outlook Delegate gets "Can't open this item." when clicking on invites that she was the originator o Using Outlook 2
D Read Receipt not going to delegate Using Outlook 2
D Can you create mail rules for an account you have delegate or shared access to? Using Outlook 2
R outlook 2010 add delegate mailbox to indexed locations Using Outlook 2
B Delegate seeks to add names to boss's Outlook Contacts. Using Outlook 1
L calendar delegate updates meeting with resource mailbox involved = double meeting Using Outlook 6
L Searching and delegate mailboxes. Using Outlook 4
T Windows Desktop Search - Index delegate mailboxes Exchange Server Administration 2
M Sending on behalf of another user as an Outlook Delegate. Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2007 : Delegate an Appointment Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Delegate Using Outlook 2
L Delegate access Using Outlook 1
T 'Reviewer' access to my task list in Outlook 2007 is allowing the delegate to delete individual tasks Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007: Tracking when Emails have been read by a delegate Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2007: Tracking when Emails have been read by a delegate Using Outlook 2
S Forwarding mail without having to use the Delegate option Using Outlook 2
B Owner and delegate calendar color changes when changed by the delegate Using Outlook 1
K Calendar Delegate Can't See Attendees On Scheduling Tab. Using Outlook 2
T user unable to edit calendar entries created on a calendar they are a delegate on Using Outlook 1
I Problem with delegate and supervisor when delegate accepts a meeting sent to both... Using Outlook 1
K OUTLOOK 2007 DELEGATE??? PROPERTIES/PERMISSIONS??? WHAT DO I NEED? Using Outlook 1
S Creating a calendar appointment as a Delegate Using Outlook 1
K Add Delegate only shows 'All Groups' Address Book Using Outlook 1
S Delegate cannot access Contacts folder Using Outlook 1
L Delegate access - when my manager changes her password, I am still able to access her inbox as a delegate. How is this possible? Using Outlook 2
S Creating a calendar appointment originating from a delegate Using Outlook 2
J Advanced RBAC - restricting delegate configuration Exchange Server Administration 1
C Set up Delegate Access for Calendar - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
L Delegate responses to meeting requests Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Meeting Request Delegate deletes appointment Exchange Server Administration 3
M Possible to set calendar delegate in Exchange 2010? Exchange Server Administration 2