Outlook 2007 - Contact detail won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MHH46

Using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. All of my contacts are there. When I click on an individual contact, it won't open. When I put my mouse on the Outlook icon on the taskbar, I see the mini contact already opened. However I cannot mazimize the window. This has been happening for about a month. I have run the repair on the .pst file and also created a new profile. Nothing changed. Still can't open contact detail.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Do you have, or did you have, dual monitors by any chance? Have you confirmed that the Contact inspector isn't hiding behind another window?

If you press ALT+TAB while you have a Contact inspector open (but hidden) are you able to access it that way?

E

Ezil Vinoth

How many contacts folder do you have? If you have more than one folder, are you able to open contacts from the other folder?

Are you able to click on calendar appointments and open it without any issues?

You can try to create a new PST file and make it default.

Create new PST file:

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on Tools> email account

3. Click on Data Files tab and click on Add

4. Click on ok and click on ok again and restart Outlook.

To make the PST default:

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on Tools> email account

3. Click on Data Files tab and highlight the second PST file and click on "set as default"

4. Click on close and restart Outlook.

Create a new contact, save it and try to open it, also move the contacts from old PST to this new PST contact folder and try to open and verify the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Outlook 2007 Macro to Contact From a Field Using Outlook 3
C in outlook 2007-Contact Group-One name have 3 mail id-its possible? Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form Code Not Working Using Outlook 20
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Macro Save Contact Using Outlook 10
L Outlook 2007 Open Folder From a Contact Using Outlook 22
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form Webpage Using Outlook 23
L Outlook 2007 Macro Open Contact Folder Using Outlook 7
Z outlook 2007 - opening a contact from the search results doesn't use the custom form Using Outlook 10
L Outlook 2007 Contact in a Task Using Outlook 15
L Outlook 2007 Macro to Run a Script From a Contact Form Using Outlook 41
L Outlook 2007 Macro to Add Text to a Contact Field Using Outlook 10
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form - Note Fields Using Outlook 25
M suddenly cannot set outlook 2007 contact reminders Using Outlook 2
R Ingest contact PST from exchange 2007 thru client's Outlook via PRF Exchange Server Administration 2
L Opening up Contact from an Email - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 15
L Outlook 2007 Contact Review Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2007 Contact Card opens in margin of screen where I can't see it Using Outlook 3
1 I want to get rid of Outlook 2007. When I am in Craigslist & click the email link to contact the per Using Outlook 8
H Outlook 2007 contact group Using Outlook 2
C Sharing of a database in business contact manager in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Can not setup address book from my contact folder in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
M I am running outlook 2007 on a hosted exchange server. When I try to send an email and click the To: box there are two contact options - how do I get Using Outlook 1
R modifying outlook 2007 default contact template Using Outlook 1
R How do I send a letter (not an email) to a Contact in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 Business Contact Mgr and Word 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Restoring Business Contact Manager Database for Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2007: Contacts Search - Contact shows up when typed, can't find manually. Using Outlook 2
A Cannot import Xp based outlook .pst file into Outlook 2007 with Bus Contact Manager. Using Outlook 1
T Installation help for Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 2
T How do i synchronize my outlook 2007 contacts with the contact list in live? Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2007 Business contact manager freezes up in office word Using Outlook 2
I Contact categories problem when upgrading from 2007 to 2010 Outlook Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2007 - Contact phone number fields - changing names Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2007 mail Address book showing too many contact fields per name.... Using Outlook 5
D Moving from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 to BCM 2010 Using Outlook 1
S The form you are trying to access is unavailable contact your System Administrator message In Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
R adding contact BOOM: outlook 2007; connector; win 7 32 bit Using Outlook 7
H Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 5
A Outlook 2007, Using the shared contact folder feature, can't share a distribution list which exists Using Outlook 2
S Importing Contact from Outlook 2007 to oultlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
Q Copying Outlook 2003/XP contact list to Outlook 2007/Windows 7 Using Outlook 25
E Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
E how do i export my contact list from yahoo to outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
T I just configured Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager on my computer. Now all my emails from my Bellsouth have gone over to Outlook. Can I ge Using Outlook 1
R Is it possible to add a field to the default Contact form in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 email address book only shows contacts in main contact directory. Using Outlook 3
D Updating Outlook 2007 Contact list from another drive. Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Managment compatibility to Office 2010 Outlook Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2007 -- Not responding when switching to Tasks, To Do lists // Business Contact Manager? Using Outlook 4