duplicat contacts issues__Name does not show in the tasks list but shows everywhere else.__follow up date doe not place contact in task/to do list

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris E. Kelsey

1) I have contacts which, when I open the details page, shows "there is a duplicate contact which I can view by clicking here". Yet, when I scroll down the alphabetical list of contacts this duplicat is not there.

2) I have a contact that apprears entered correctly and normally yet the name line is blank when viewing the contact in the task list. the rest of the information is there but the name space is blank

3) I have contacts with a due date showing on the details page yet they do not show on the task list. Many of these names also have a icon of people instead of a red flag when viewing them on the contact list.

R

Russ Valentine

Too little information. You've probably been migrating Contacts from other versions and/or running sync software. Provide full details. Without steps to reproduce the problems, it will be difficult to guess at solutions. Don't foget to include which information store you are using.Russ Valentine

C

Chris E. Kelsey

Fair statement, "too little information". OK, so let's start with the duplicate contacts issue and the instructions to remove them. The instructions say to look at the View options and select Phone list. However, my duplicate contacts do not show there at all. The duplicate contacts only have the note along the top of the details page which says there is a duplicate.

Yes, you are correct. I am synching with google. However, we have removed the original 2010 outlook and reinstalled it. the program seems to still be creating duplicates on its own randomly. The duplicates do not show on the phone list, just with the note at the top of the details page of the contact. I do not understand what is going on.

thank you

C

Chris E. Kelsey

Thak you for your thoughts. OK, so let's start with the duplicate contacts issue and the instructions to remove them. The instructions say to look at the View options and select Phone list. However, my duplicate contacts do not show there at all. There are zero duplicates there. The duplicate contacts only have the note along the top of the details page which says there is a duplicate and that this is the most recent copy. How can there be a duplicate and it not show in the phone list?
I am synching with google. However, we have removed the original 2010 outlook and reinstalled it. the program seems to still be creating duplicates on its own randomly. The duplicates do not show on the phone list, just with the note at the top of the details page of the contact. I do not understand what is going on.

thank you

R

Russ Valentine

This makes more sense. Outlook does not do this on its own. Sync software is notorious for this. Outlook does not participate in the sync process whatsoever, so you need to see what the developers of your sync software have to say about this. Many maintain support forums like this one and FAQ's.

I usually recommend using third party duplicate checkers to handle duplicates since Outlook is not paticularly good at this on its own. Several are listed here:Delete Duplicate Microsoft Outlook Contacts

Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.