Exporting the Notes field from Outlook Contacts to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madeline May

I am using Excel to make changes to my contacts by exporting them and then importing back into Outlook once the changes have been made. I am running into an issue with the " Notes" field in my contacts. The character length that exports into Excel seems limited. Is there a way to export the entire Notes field into Excel (some even contain logos)? Or would another file version, such as Access, work better? Any advice would help!

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Notes <Text> file export specs (none export images or linked files of any kind - this does not include formatting which would require the field to be exported in RTF / HTML format etc using some other export process):

CSV file type - full text

MS Access - full text (exported as a memo field - max length 64K)

MS Excel - 256 characters

If you want to use Excel - recommendation would be to always export to a CSV file and then open that file in Excel instead of exporting to an .xls file. That way you avoid any Excel related idiosyncracies (there are a few). If you import the data back - save as a CSV file or make very sure that the " named range" is adjusted accordingly if you've added records etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.