can not export contact file microsoft outlook 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baseballdave

when trying to export my contact file in outlook to a dos file, or anywhere for that matter, it says "ms outlook can not start the required translator. This feature is not currently installed. I do not have the disc to install it, I am using a sony viao laptop with windows 7. how can I fix this problem. I am running ms outlook 2002

it asks if I would like to download it when I say yes it asks for a disc that I dont think I have.

G

Gordon B-P

What is your purpose in exporting in the first place? (And BTW, you don't export to a "dos" file - there's no such thing as a "dos" file...)

Karl Timmermans

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

How to fix? - Requires the CD for the version of Outlook/Office installed on your system. If you had the CD, the process would be to:

- rerun the setup routine via Add/Remoe Programs
- use Change option
- Use Add/Remove Features
- set Importers/Exporters to be installed
- complete setup

The Import/Export translators cannot be downloaded separately for any version of Outlook - without the CD, you are out of luck.

Some alternative options are:

CodeTwo Outlook Export (free)
http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/outlook-export/

ContactGenie Toolkit (export function does not require registration)
http://www.contactgenie.com/toolkit_4_outlook.htm

ContactGenie QuickPort (import/export - not free)
http://www.contactgenie.com/quickport_4_outlook.htm

Re: MS-DOS versus Windows text files

Just to clarify Gordon's response - Outlook does provide the option of exporting to either a MS-DOS or Windows text file (not sure of anything else that does) - description of the difference between the two can be found in (but likely to be more of hangover from days gone by then something that would actually be used these days:

How to import and export text data by using Outlook
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290859

Now that the options of exporting have been identified - if the purpose of exporting is to move Outlook information from one system to another - exporting is not the way to do it since an Outlook 'XP (2002) PST file can be opened in any version of Outlook.

"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J trouble importing Office 2003 contact data (activities,etc.) using .pst file export & import to a se Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Export (Save) Outlook Contact photos New Slipstick.com Articles 0
H Select one of Contact-Mailadesses to Export > Excel or Winword Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Export (save) Outlook Contact photos Using Outlook 2
S Can't find some addresses after a contact list export. Using Outlook 1
Z Import/Export button missing on Contact toolbar Using Outlook 2
D cannot import contact files to outlook 2003, cannot change import and export applications and tools, Using Outlook 3
G Trial Outlook 2010 Export email and contact Records to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
L Keeping Outlook contact, documents and favourites from trial programs installed. cant access these files to export them. Using Outlook 2
E how do i export my contact list from yahoo to outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
J Export contact mailing address to a single Word document. Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Export-Import .pst file problems Using Outlook 2
M How to export Voting Results with user names and their responses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
J Export Zimbra to Outlook PST Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? New Slipstick.com Articles 6
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
C How to export Outlook data to csv? Using Outlook 0
T How to Export mailbox from Outlook 2019 to MBOX format? Using Outlook 1
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P How to export voting results using VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R How To Repair OST File & Export OST File to Outlook PST ? Using Outlook 3
JohnViuf Export task list view settings to other pc Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Export details to a excel spreadsheet using macros Using Outlook 0
avant-guvnor Export Calendar, Birthdays and Holidays Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Macro to search emails between two time slots on public folders with excel export Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
A How to export one email data to excel Using Outlook 1
B Macro To Create Rule To Export From Certain Folder Email Information in one workbook multiple sheets Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W macro to export outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
E Exchanger service export detection Exchange Server Administration 1
R Correct a wrong csv export file from WLM 2012 Using Outlook 0
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
H How to export *all* fields from Outlook Using Outlook 2
K Export Organizational Forms Library Exchange Server Administration 1
N Export Outlook custom forms fields to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4
A export free / busy from exchange Exchange Server Administration 0
C Export to excel missing items, but a larger total? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
M Outlook 2013/365 won't export 99% of my contacts to csv Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2007 Export tasks to Excel Using Outlook 2
J Opening/Archiving/Import/Export PST files Using Outlook 4
Sarge USMC Cannot import/export Outlook 13 Using Outlook 6
L Outlook 2007 Codes Export and Import Using Outlook 9
L Outlook 2007 Toolbar Export and Import Using Outlook 7
S Requried a VBA Code to export Calander details to excel... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Jennifer Murphy Can I export individual emails? Using Outlook 1
R Export Address Book VBA Using Outlook 0