Reformatting calendar; removing creator name from appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wohl3

We recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2010. I found two changes that I would like to reformat - combining Sat/Sun in one column to optimize the size of the weekdays on a monthly calendar and 2- eliminating the creator's name from appointments printed on the calendar.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Neither are possible in Outlook 2010.

If you use Exchange server, the admin can remove the organizer name from the subject in resource room calendar. Seehttp://www.slipstick.com/emo/2010/up100325.htm#1 This does not affect the calendar display for users as user's calendars display the organizer name but don't add it to the subject.

W

Wohl3

Diane,

Thanks for your reply. I'm really not happy with your answers but I don't have any choice, do I? i really don't understand why the organizer's name has to be on the calendar display - it is unnecessary. And now my monthly calendar has really small boxes for the weekdays and the font size has to be small to accommodate multiple listings on any day. Is there any way to get feedback to Microsoft about these issues? If I were able to do a monthly view as a workweek, that might alleviate my problem, but that option isn't available either. Why did they change something that wasn't a problem in the first place? This calendar has no flexibility to it all.

Thanks again for your reply.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
They had to drop the compressed weekends as the overlay doesn't support it (and they could not make it work) - this was introduced in Outlook 2007 and they are aware that some people want it back (along with the week planner view that is also gone, for the same reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Weekend View in Calendar Using Outlook 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
A Birthdays from .csv to Calendar - arriving day behind Using Outlook 5
C Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Calendar Using Outlook 1
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
sahameed82 SharePoint calendar directly open in Outlook Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
Jennifer Murphy Add birthdays to calendar Using Outlook 7
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
K Accentuating today in Outlook calendar month view Using Outlook 2
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
T why are the calendar icons different for different accounts Using Outlook 2
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
C Shading every other week on monthly calendar Using Outlook 4
cricket1001 Problems with calendar syncing Using Outlook 0
cricket1001 Shade non-working days in calendar Using Outlook 0
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
M Custom Calendar Print Suggestions? Using Outlook 0
L Time format in Outlook calendar and emails Using Outlook 0
GregS Simple calendar sharing doesn't work Using Outlook 6
P Strange Calendar Entries Using Outlook 4
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
P How can I change my calendar view back Using Outlook 3
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
S Conditional Formatting in calendar part of To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
A Auto Accept Meetings from the General Calendar Using Outlook 3
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4