Synchronizing Outlook and Outlook Connector (Hotmail) with folders for offline laptop use

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CVHorie

I have an institutional Outlook account (with personal folders) which pulls in a Hotmail account (with personal folders), which is accessed on my desktop. It is my electronic filing cabinet. I wish to have access to these messages on my laptop on the road where there is no internet access, composing replies etc which can be sent when access becomes available.

This must be a common situation and requirement but I cannot find a solution. Is there an off-the peg solution? Or does it have to be cobbled together?

S

Sachin Shetty

Configure the same account in the other computer and use it to send and receive emails. You will be able to send mails from remote places only if your Internet service provider provides access to send mails.

C

CVHorie

Thank you, but this does not address the need to have access to the emails when not connected to the internet.

How can I copy onto the laptop the Outlook/Hotmail accounts, i.e. inbox/sent/folders content ? Off-line, I would then read the new emails, prepare replies (with attachments etc). When I am next able to re-connect to the internet, I would then achieve synchronisation with these accounts, sending the replies and receiving new messages. Perhaps when stopping at an internet cafe or airport, which usually have poor quality and slow connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.