Office 2011 for mac - Outlook. Setting up exchange account. Error -17997

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scooterw62

Installed Office 2011. Installation went fine. (Macbook Pro 13). Set up account in Outlook to connect to company exchange server (from inside the company firewall). Used automatic configuration. Connection succeeded. (yellow light then eventual blue light next to connection).

Can create a new mail message and even check the recipient name to validate (from exchange).

However, its not showing the new account on in the inbox section of the navigation pane (left pane). When attempting to send a new message an " unexpected error occurs" with a -17997

My coworker successfully connected and is working fine. Help.

S

SouthernDixieCowgirl

Do NOT use that web site since no one there is of no help.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do NOT use that web site since no one there is of no help.

Unfortunately, you won't get much help from Windows Outlook users either. That error is not found on the Windows version and a different product team wrote Mac Outlook.

C

Chris Rand

I got the same issue. My problem turned out to be that I was missing an autodicover record on my DNS server. Once I added that record I got a couple more useful error messages that led me to realize my Exchange server would not accept the Username and Password authentication. I changed the authentication to Kerberos, waited for about 30 seconds and mail started to flow. Hope that helps.

D

dioskuren

Also have the error message 17997. Can´t connect with OL2011 to my Exchange Server 2010. With OL2010 under Windows everything is fine. Tried different ports, different authentications, different servernamens (with and without HTTP://) and also my OWA-Address. Also google can´t help...many entourage entries, but nothing helps. :-(

Also http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/Search.aspx is without any help. :(

O

OneCycopath

We got this same error/issue with a few MAC users at another facility who just upgraded to Office 2011. I have read elsewhere that this is due to Office 2011 can not connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Is this correct?

D

dioskuren

Right! Office 2011 can´t connect to Exchange/SBS 2003. You need Exchange Server 2007 or 2010.

I have already solved the problem. But don´t know what it was exactly.

Now I have Kerberos Authentication, full qualified server-name for Host of Exchange-Server. The automatic configuration doesn´t worked!

What I did was rebooting the Server. Maybe I had to wait a longer time after the right configuration. It need´s a while till the point turns from orange to green.

But the speed of OL2011 is not fast as OL2010 for Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Day count in rules gets changed in Office for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
C Does Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac sync the Task function in Outlook to an Iphone? Using Outlook 1
T Opening ppt and excel files in Office 2011 for Mac, sent from PC Using Outlook 1
J Office Mac 2011 not connecting to Exchange server 2003 Using Outlook 2
T OFFICE FOR MAC 2011 - WLL NOT SAVE DOCUMENTS IN EXCEL Using Outlook 1
S Office for mac 2011 connection to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 8
D Office: Mac 2011 Using Outlook 3
R I get an error 17997.____I have a MAC with OS 10 and the Office 2011 for MAC. Using Outlook 2
J Office for Mac 2011: Unable to remove duplicates and POP3 account pulls all e-mails each time Using Outlook 1
A Saving email to a local archive with Office 2011 for Mac Using Outlook 4
S microsoft office 2011 Using Outlook 1
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
O Help .. got lost ... installing Office like 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Can signatures synch to Office Portal Using Outlook 1
T I'm thinking about moving from outlook.com to the Outlook I have in my Office 365 Using Outlook 1
Q Prompt button to auto turn on Out of Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook Office 365 Win 10 how do I control background colors of events? Using Outlook 1
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
O Office 365 Outlook - mark to download Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 using POP3 on both laptop and desktop Using Outlook 0
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Office 365 cloud based rules Using Outlook 1
T Office 2013 no longer updating automatically Using Outlook 2
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7
Horsepower Office Outlook 365 home opens slower than a month ago Using Outlook 8
J Office 365 - Online Repair vs. Uninstall Reinstall Using Outlook 1
O Backup Office settings - registry key Using Outlook 5
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
J Out of Office, Delegate Using Outlook 1
H Custom autoforwarding, sending mail through outlook office 365 Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Just had to reinstall window 10 then Office and forgot how to control fonts sizes Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A question about installing office 2013 Pro and using my .pst from office 2010 Using Outlook 12
B Search function in Office 365 has stopped working Using Outlook 3