MS Office Outlook 2007 refuses to open.

• Thread starter Clarry 69
  • Start date Views 663
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clarry 69

Outlook refuses to open, yet when I open Task Manager, Outlook does not show under Applications, but may appear up to 3 times under Processes. When I instruct the process to be closed, very often Outlook will load up and appear on screen. Whether this is a related problem or not, occasionally an email will appear and remain in the Outbox, even though it has been sent. It does not appear in the Sent box, and I have inadvertently sent several copies out trying to send it.

Brian Tillman

If OUTLOOK.EXE is appearing in the Processes tab of Task Manager, it's usually a sign that something isn't allowing Outlook to close properly. Some of the reasons for this can be found here: Outlook doesn"t close.

C

Clarry 69

Following your advise I tried the methods suggested. There is a problem closing one of the plugins i.e.Xobni, which won't allow me to close it despite my being logged on as administrator. It seems that closing some other plugins may have solved the problem. Still having big trouble with items stuck in the outbox, which have been sent, but not transferred to the 'Sent' box.

Status
Not open for further replies.