Receiving undeliverables for employees that are no longer in the GAL using Outlook 2010 after migrating from Outlook 2003

• Thread starter Beth Hill
  • Start date Views 634
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beth Hill

We recently migrated from Office 2003 to 2010 and since the migration some people have complained that they are receiving undeliverable email responses from employees that are no longer working at our organization. They are not one in active directory or in exchange. I know this is a profile issue but the problem didn't start until we went to 2010. I would rather not have to delete the users Outlook profile but I don't know if there is a way to edit the Outlook profile and why would this show up now.

Thank you, Beth

Brian Tillman

No one can get a non-delivery report from an address unless he or she sent a message to that address or, in the case of Exchange, someone has the missing person still specified as a delegate.

B

Beth Hill

Hi, Thank you for the quick response but this person was not set up as a delegate and this was not happening with Outlook 2003 but this user did re-appear when we migrated to Outlook 2010. I believe that it has to do with the Outlook profile. We have had a couple of things happen since we migrated that are profile related such as maiden names now showing in the mailbox name in Outlook even though active directory has no mention of it anywhere. In this case I deleted the Outlook profile and when the new profile was created we no longer saw the maiden name. Is there a way to edit the profile?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Try this:

Get MFCMAPI (http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/)
Open MFCMAPI.exe and logon to the store with the user"s account. You can do this from the user"s machine – nothing gets installed.
Go to Session, Logon and Display Store Table.

Right click on the mailbox and select Open Store from the context menu.
Expand Root Container, Top of Information Store then right click on Inbox and select Display Rules Table
Select the rule identified as Schedule+ EMS Interface.
Right click on the rule and select to delete.

See if it works better now- if not, you need to delete the delegate from the AD (using an ad editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.