OL2007/XP views will not retain settings. Really need some help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seprice

ok...i'm back where i started. this is a continuation of a previous thread...hoping i'll get some additional support:If i use a standard view for messages or tasks, and i sort it or group it, it will retain those settings until i reset it in the custom view box.

outlook profile keeps corrupting even after creating new profile

wheni build a custom view, (and uncheck the group by arrangement box), if i make any sort of "on-the-fly" change like sort or group, the custom view will maintain the new change.

i've tried several different options and arrangements, closed and restarted, rebooted, .... still happens.

Do I have an incorrect perception of views? Seems to me that the "simple list" view, especially as it is a system view, should remain consistent all the time...if you re-sort, it should return to its official set-up next time you select that view.

what is the point of having standard or custom views if they are not "permanent?" or why have columns that can sort, if you can't put them back the way they were?

I'm going to post this as a new post, hoping i'll get some additional suggestions.

S

seprice

I don't know why the font turned out like that....

ok...i'm back where i started. if i use a standard view for messages or tasks, and i sort it or group it, it will retain those new settings until i reset it in the custom view box.

When I build a custom view (and uncheck the group by arrangement box), if I make any sort of "on-th-fly" change like sort or group, the custom view will maintain the new change.

I've tried several different options and arrangements, closed and restarted, rebooted, new profiles, even complete uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007...still happens.

Do i have an incorrect perception of views? Seems to me that the "simple list" view, especially as it is a system view, should remain consistent all the time. If you resort it, it should return to its offical set-up next time you select that view.

What is the point of having standard or custom views if they are not "permanent?" Or why have columns that can sort, if you can't put them back the way they were?

This is my previous post and all the attempts I've already made: "Outlook profile keeps corrupting even after creating new profile."

P

Priyalatha Narayan

Manually uninstall and reinstall Outlook.

1. Start -> Control panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Office 2007 (Outlook 2007 if Outlook is a standalone product) -> Right click -> Change-> Add or remove features -> Click on the drop down near outlook and click “Not available"

2. Click on Start-> Run -> Type “regedit".

3. Right click on Computer-> Export-> File name “Registry backup"-> Save

4. Expand computer-> HKEY current user-> software->Microsoft-> Office-> Outlook

· HKEY current user-> software->Microsoft-> Office->12.0>Delete “Outlook " if you find

· HKEY current user-> software->Microsoft-> Office->11.0>Delete "Outlook” if you find

· HKEY current user-> software->Microsoft-> Office->10.0>Delete "Outlook” if you find

5. Collapse HKEY Current user

6. Expand HKEY Local machine -> software->Microsoft->Office-> Outlook

· HKEY Local machine -> software->Microsoft->Office->12.0>Delete “Outlook “if you find

· HKEY Local machine -> software->Microsoft->Office->11.0>Delete "Outlook” if you find

· HKEY Local machine -> software->Microsoft-> Office->10.0>Delete "Outlook” if you find

7. Close Registry Editor

8. Control panel -> Add and Remove Program -> Office 2007-> Right click -> change-> Add or remove features -> Click on the drop down near Microsoft Office and choose " Run all from my computer" -> install now.

9. Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.