Transfering .pst from Office XP to Office 2010!! Nightmare?

• Thread starter Simon J Friend
  • Start date Views 609
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon J Friend

Hello Folks Looking to transfer from Outlook OFFICE XP to Office 2010 Headache client has a lot of folders under inbox in personal folder as well nearly a years archive emails.. Having setup one of his 5 email accounts, cannot get the backup.pst to import into Offcie 2010 keeps saying Profile will not allow? can anybody save my bacon?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Simon

SJF2010

S

Simon J Friend

Thanks for your reply Ben.. I am not sure I fully understand you? Clients has a XP Pro PC with Office XP on it.. his Archive fold is holding niegh on 1 years data.. emails which he requires to kepp in his Personal Folder under Inbox he has too many folders maybe 40+ all with emails in.. Then he has bought a New HP PC with Win 7 Pro and Office 2010.. Having created on of his five email accounts, I can see the backup folders below.. can I not import all this data?

Thanks I am still learning!! Most appreciated sir..

Simon

SJF2010

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Import often causes problems. I would prefer not to use it. Better to File | Open the PST file(s) from the old Office XP account (copy them to the new computer) and just copy/paste (you can CTRL+A to select all messages in a folder) the messages from the old PST file(s) to the new PST file.
The article I linked to ( Troubleshooting Outlook - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm ) explains a bit more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.