Re: How to copy Hotmail personal folder with my emails onto my Desktop so I can save the emails and

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Electrongal

Dear Marilyn,

Thank-you for the helpful links. I managed to read the one about the Outlook Hotmail Connector, but I only skimmed it and didn't see any specific reference to actually moving the Hotmail email folders and contents to the Desktop, although I need to read it again to see if I can do this and move the data to Outlook instead. I have been avoiding learning about Outlook 2007, but I have no excuse not to learn the program, now that I am getting excellent advice from the Techies at MS. The other two links sound like they are going to be exactly what I need. I never would have found these on my own...I get lost in the blizzard of information, but I'm learning! I am copying and pasting your answer into a Word document and placing it in my Hotmail/Outlook binder of MS Techie Wizard Lessons. I will let you know, when I read the articles, what worked for me.

Sincerely,

Electrongal

L

Linney [MVP]

This is Outlook 2010 info but it is pretty similar and a good guide for you.

Use a Windows Live Hotmail account in Outlook

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview14.aspx?AssetId=HA010354935&lcid=3081&NS=OUTLOOK&Version=14&tl=2&respos=1&CTT=1&queryid=50ec5c22d52544acb9b7b44b85de55dc

Once you setup your Hotmail account you can save the received E-mails by using the File Menu in Outlook and the Save As option. If you login to your Hotmail Account you have the same option.

Outlook stores your E-mails received direct from your ISP at C:\Users\usernamexxxx\Documents\Outlook Files as a .pst file OR here,

C:\Users\usernamexxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook as a .pst, depending on what version you have (see article).

Any that come from Hotmail (or other mail) via Outlook get stored at C:\Users\usernamexxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook as an .ost file.

Where does Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 save my information and configurations?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/where-does-microsoft-office-outlook-2007-save-my-information-and-configurations-HP010066914.aspx?CTT=1

Are you referring to me as Marilyn, if so that is the wrong name (and wrong gender)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D outlook to save copy of hotmail? Using Outlook 3
H How do I copy my address book to a hotmail account? Using Outlook 1
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
geofferyh Outlook 2010 How to Copy Outlook Attachment to a Specific Folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4
oliv- HOW TO COPY /USE FOLDERS ICONS Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Copy/Move Exchange inbox to Pop inbox Using Outlook 4
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Copy mails from many subfolders to 1 foldr Using Outlook 2
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K How to find specific header and copy the mail body Using Outlook 0
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Copy Contact field to Appointment Custom Form Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G How to Copy Multi Select Listbox Data to Appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
H Macro to Copy Specific content from Mail Body and Paste to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M How to keep reccurence during copy tasks to calendar? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar using VBA New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Copy Task to Non-Microsoft PIM "Rainlendar" Using Outlook 0
G VBA Copy draft email to a new email - attachments not copided Using Outlook 7
C Copy email to excel runtime error 5020 Using Outlook 5
I Copy email from folder to folder - FAILS Using Outlook 5
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
I How to make a copy of a task Using Outlook 8
F copy data in Custom Field to other folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook: copy & paste Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V Copy and paste body and subject and send multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
joflo copy contents from outlook to excell - please help. Using Outlook 4
L Copy email body fields to excel Using Outlook 0
G outlook 13 copy & paste without losing formatting Using Outlook 1
C Copy Cell value from Excel and paste into current email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C How to copy same text header to multiple emails with custom text column Using Outlook 10