How to import contacts, and email from Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quynhleltd

Once, I bought a new computer with Windows 7 64bit, I have no problem using Microsoft office outlook 2007 for a year now. Somehow few days ago I could not access my email from outlook 2007 anymore. After, searching on the web outlook 2007, I found out that this program could not run on Windows 7. Therefore, I have download the Windows live mail into my system, and I have followed the instructions how to import the contact, and email from outlook express to windows live mail. But, I could not located the folder in my system as they discribed. Thanks for your help.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Where did you find information that Outlook 2007 doesn't work on Windows 7? It's a lie. Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 are supported on Windows 7. Older versions run but with errors and are not supported on Windows 7.

What happens when you try to use Outlook 2007? What error messages do you get?

Q

quynhleltd

The error I got is Microsoft office outlook has stopped working.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you using the outlook hotmail connector?

Does it work in safe mode? Hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon to start in Safe mode.

If not, try a new profile - open control panel then search for mail. Select profiles and create a new one to test with.

Q

quynhleltd

Thank you for your help Diane! I have tried the safe mode but is not suscessful. Currently the profiles indicated " OUTLOOK" , if I need to create a new one to test, what's a new profile should I type in the profile box? Also, I'm not sure I'm using outlook hotmail connector, where do I find this information from?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thank you for your help Diane! I have tried the safe mode but is not suscessful. Currently the profiles indicated " OUTLOOK" , if I need to create a new one to test, what's a new profile should I type in the profile box? Also, I'm not sure I'm using outlook hotmail connector, where do I find this information from?

You can type any name in the profile field - i use " Test" . Select the Outlook profile and click Properties button - Then Email accounts button. What account type does it list on the right? It will either be POP3 or MAPI for hotmail accounts and MAPI = Outlook Connector. Screenshot of the dialog: http://slipstick.me/jing/emailaccounts.png

Status
Not open for further replies.