Can't connect to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTPS using Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Renata Vincoletto

I have an Exchange server 2003, and clients using Windows XP and Vista, with Office 2003 and 2007, all of those possible scenarios working perfectly to connect to the mailserver using Outlook Anywhere.

Although, none of my computers running Windows 7, either with Office 2003 or 2007 can't connect to the exchange.

All configurations are the same:

In Outlook, go to Tools - Email Accounts - Next Choose the Microsoft Exchange Server, and click ChangeClick More Settings, and go to the Connection tabTick Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP, and click Exchange Proxy SettingsEnter (my email server address) in the https:// boxTick both On *** networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP boxesChoose Basic Authentication in the Proxy Authentication settings box

What am I missing?

S

Steven Moede

If you open internet explorer on the Windows 7 client and typehttps://name_of_exchange_server/rpc, do you get any warnings about an invalid certificate?

" Renata Vincoletto" wrote in message news:1e9e37ea-a724-4f87-80f1-d3d8d3e38618@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have an Exchange server 2003, and clients using Windows XP and Vista, with Office 2003 and 2007, all of those possible scenarios working perfectly to connect to the mailserver using Outlook Anywhere.

Although, none of my computers running Windows 7, either with Office 2003 or 2007 can't connect to the exchange.

All configurations are the same:

In Outlook, go to Tools - Email Accounts - Next Choose the Microsoft Exchange Server, and click Change Click More Settings, and go to the Connection tabTick Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP, and click Exchange Proxy SettingsEnter (my email server address) in the https:// boxTick both On *** networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP boxesChoose Basic Authentication in the Proxy Authentication settings box

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
B Cannot connect with Outlook 2003/Exchange user through Checkpoint SSL-VPN. Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2003 hung when connect to Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2007 Cannot connect to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTP Using Outlook 139
G Outlook 2007 on XPsp2 OEM unable to connect to Exchange Server 2003?? Using Outlook 36
A Outlook 2003 will not connect to Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 22
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
N Outlook prompts for Password to connect to old Exchange server 2010 Using Outlook 1
V I can't connect to my Exchange account using Outlook for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 5
R can't connect account over iPad/iPhone to Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 2
A Client cannot connect to Microsoft Exchange but POP3 is ok Exchange Server Administration 9
A cannot access OWA or connect to exchange 2007 via outook. Using Outlook 5
S Exchange 2010 - Out of Office not working - MAC Entourage cannot connect to EWS (Default Web Site) Exchange Server Administration 1
F Must connect o Microsoft Exchange before you can use your offline folder file (Error msg) Using Outlook 4
S Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Exchange Server Administration 4
M Re-Connect Outlook to Exchange Using Outlook 5
D Outlook crashes when trying to connect to Exchange, but works fine in safe mode Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007/Exchange hangs all the time. Can I make it connect to Exchange on demand only? Using Outlook 1
R Suddenly, new users cannot connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
M cannot connect with more then 5 current users to outlook anywhere exchange 2007 Using Outlook 3
O Can't connect to MS Exchange with Outlook 2010 and Win7 Pro 32 Using Outlook 5
B Comcast - trying to connect to exchange Using Outlook 4
D User can't connect to Exchange from OL, but can from OWA Using Outlook 4
J Cannot connect Outlook 2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 won't connect to Exchange on the first launch Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Anywhere, Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP Using Outlook 6
K outlook cannot connect to exchange from outside Exchange Server Administration 5
R Repeatedly prompted to enter your credentials when trying to connect to an Exchange mailbox by using Using Outlook 2
J Protocols used by Blackberry to connect to Exchange Exchange Server Administration 1
D Exchange 2010 ActiveSync: Two phone will not connect Exchange Server Administration 2
S EMC 2010 will not connect , EMS 2010 will not connect.... Exchange works but cannot be administered HELP HELP HELP Exchange Server Administration 3
M Outlook 2007: Unable to connect to Exchange Server, repeatedly prompted for credentials Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 cannot connect to Exchange Server Error Exchange Server Administration 8
J Error connect smartphone to new Exchange 2010 installation... Exchange Server Administration 9
M Cannot connect to Exchange Server. Using Outlook 3
H the connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connect to complete t Using Outlook 5
N Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 - Unable to connect using outlook (OWA fine) Exchange Server Administration 2
W When I close Outlook 2010 and then re-open it, Outlook cannot connect with the Exchange server. Using Outlook 1
J Select Remote Users Can't Connect to Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 11
C One user Outlook cannot connect to exchange 2007 sometime. Using Outlook 2
S Exchange 2007 Client will not Connect to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
J Cannot connect Windows 7, Outlook 2007 to Exchange Server 2007 Using Outlook 6