Customize Current View of PST Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mamie Anding

I have several .pst files of archived email that I use all the time. Each time I open the archived Sent Items folder, rather than the To field being displayed, the From field is displayed, and I have to change it. Since I do this a few times a day, it is becoming a real inconvenience.

Due to the volume of email I receive and the folder limits set by my employer, keeping email in my Inbox longer is not an option.

Is there a way to make the Current View of each folder retain the customized settings from day to day?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you searching the folders? Searches tend to mess up the view - Reset fixes it. Did you try creating a custom view and using it instead of the default view? Reset the view so its like you prefer then copy it and use the copy. However, if the problem is caused by searching, the custom view may end up messed up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D In Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 64 bit Customize Current View 'Other Settings' Fonts changes do not hold Using Outlook 2
N Customize current view (in Account List) Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
V not able to change name in customize Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Customize contact record phone fields Using Outlook 2
A Customize meeting form. Private notices Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Customize Attachement Security Warning Using Outlook 1
T Customize Outlook flag Using Outlook 1
H I need a developer to customize an Outlook Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How can I Customize Message Header in both Reading Pane and Open Message Design? Using Outlook 1
M Customize Comments / Notes Section time stamp on Contact Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky Customize the Outlook Toolbar, Ribbon or QAT New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Customize CreateItemFromTemplate Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Ankit Agrawal Customize themes in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
M please customize this code Using Outlook 1
M please customize this code Using Outlook 1
B Customize OWA page to open in a new window when logging in Exchange Server Administration 1
G Customize Outlook Today folder Using Outlook 0
O BCM 2010 - Customize a field with a consecutive number? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M How can I customize the Follow Up Flag message in Quick Steps? Using Outlook 1
C Anyone found a way to customize search? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
P How may I customize with an own immage a standard email Using Outlook 6
K Can I customize OL2010 month view calendar to be more legible; skip confusing colors and show more a Using Outlook 1
W Customize accounts (folderlist) in navigation pane Using Outlook 5
J Customize Outlook view to fit Smartphone display via i.e. Citrix Receiver ? Using Outlook 1
P Customize Appointment Form Using Outlook 1
U How to customize exch 2010 smtp bounced msg like 5.7.1 or 5.7.11 Exchange Server Administration 2
S Customize Text on OWA Change Password Form Exchange Server Administration 3
J How to customize the To-Do list to show items from only one specific mailbox? Using Outlook 2
L How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R How to implement customize toolbar in outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N How to add fields to customize reports in BCM? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
F "This action is not available in the current mode" Using Outlook 0
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
P Current View Pane for Contacts missing from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
T Attach Current File to a new Email Using Outlook 0
K Daily task list > show tasks on the exact due date and not on the "current date" Using Outlook 1
C Outlook VBA to set current account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2013 Want to file a note after filtering with search current mailbox Using Outlook 3
R Inbox search, current folder, it's in there-but not found. Using Outlook 2
C Copy Cell value from Excel and paste into current email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10