using Outlook 2003 I want to do the following:
- have public folders filled twice a day programmatically with addresses being displayed using customized views for all the users in my domain
What I did so far:
- filled the public folders directly using the outlook 11 object library. Turned out to take more than 6 hrs. -> now filling dummy folders locally to later copy folders to public folders. Takes 7 min which is OK.
- Customised views are still available for users but they have to set them every time. Management considers this annoying and wants me to change it.
After reading a lot without success there remain these questions:
- am I following the right approach?
- can somebody point me to the right direction pls?
- what is the code for clicking 'publish...' in 'Define views...'?
- when copying folders to public folders the information about the initial view is lost. How do I set this programmatically?
Obviously, when I simply create once and then always only update the public folders it will work but then I stay with 6hrs runnning time which is not an option.
Grateful for all your ideas!