Windows Live Essentials 2011 Outlook Connector Pack 14.0.5117.5000 Unable to connect to Hotmail Serv

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EK Hotmail

Hi,

After upgrading to Outlook Connector Pack 14.0.5117.5000 on Outlook 2007, my hotmail accounts on Outlook are unable to connect to the servers. Server status always indicating Connecting .. Please kindly advise.

Thanks. Yangae

C

Clare Macrae

I have the same problem as the original poster, but on this environment:

Office Version: Office 2007 (i.e. same as O.P.)

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium (i.e. newer)

Outlook Connector Pack: 14.0.5118.5000

I followed Vinay - G's answer, uninstalling the Outlook Connector Pack, and then reinstalling it, from the 32-bit link at the bottom of the page linked to, i.e. from here.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

Despite the download page saying it was for 14.1, I ended up with the original version - 14.0.5118.5000 - and the problem still exists.

Is it possible that the 32-bit URL I quote above actually has the wrong version of the download?

(I have checked this over and over again - re-downloaded, uninstalled, re-installed - both as non-admin and admin - several times over - with multiple reboots in between, and I still get the same version installed - according to " Programs and Features" - and the same never-ending " Connecting..." in Outlook)

Thanks

Clare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Cannot Synchronize Outlook To Windows Live Hotmail Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Outlook Calendar will not sync with Windows Live.com account Using Outlook 9
H Importing Windows Live Mail Contact into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
C migrating from Windows Live Mail over to Outlook 2010 Problems ... Using Outlook 2
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Installing Outlook 2007 - but using Windows Live Mail as 'the Master' for mails Using Outlook 3
T contacts in outlook via outlook connector are not syncing to what is listed in Windows Live. Using Outlook 1
R importing windows live contacts into outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J Windows Live Mail Not Syncing With GoDaddy IMAP Email Account, Will Outlook 2010 Be Any Better? Using Outlook 0
R Help migrating Autocomplete contacts, from Outlook 2003 to windows live mail. Using Outlook 2
S 0x00040820 - Errors in Background Synchronisation, with Outlook 2010 and Windows Live email account Using Outlook 3
H Error (0x800041059 could not authenticate against Windows Live ID service Using Outlook 2
O Windows Live mail to Outlook mail Using Outlook 3
B Export from Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail fails to copy to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Would like to transfer my outlook 2003 contacta and address book to windows live and retain them in outlook as well Using Outlook 2
A Despite Windows Live Hotmail working as desired, I keep getting a message about 'Can't sign in' or Can't connect. This is the same with Outl Using Outlook 3
J get error code 0x80048849 and 0x800488820 when send receive windows live mail Using Outlook 1
P Contact name in SENT mail -- Live Mail with Windows 7 computer Using Outlook 2
S Merge Outlook mails to Windows Live Mail Inbox Using Outlook 4
R after upgrading from vista to windows 7 - how to import my gone outlook calendar into windows live? Using Outlook 8
Q How to import contacts, and email from Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail? Using Outlook 5
B Windows Live Mail attachments Using Outlook 1
C How do I shut down LiveMail & Move what I need to Outlook? I've got conflicts due to setting up Windows Live Mail as temporay until I could get Ou Using Outlook 1
H Why do I get I get a Windows Live Alerts from Hotmail Calendar Event Reminders <Email removed for pr Using Outlook 3
B missing purge common in Windows Live Using Outlook 1
G Is it possible to see ALL unread mail in one folder just as it is possible in Windows Live Mail via Using Outlook 4
M Windows Live 2011, Hotmail On line. and Outlook 2007 Calendars Using Outlook 1
P Can I convert outlook emails to windows live? Using Outlook 1
L Is it possible to Export from MS Office and Import to Windows Live Email? Using Outlook 4
2 Just downloaded update for Windows Live Mail - 2011. I am receiving emails, but am unable to open them. Using Outlook 1
M I need to move personal folders and address book from outlook express to windows live mail? Using Outlook 1
G Unable to receive BellSouth emails in Windows live mail Using Outlook 1
V How to I get emails from my Windows Live STORAGE FOLDERS into Office 2010 Using Outlook 6
L Apostrophe becomes question mark when posting to a new group using Windows Live mail Using Outlook 3
M Not receiving an error code, JUST not receiving mail since I had a temp contact spam from Windows live. I had changed my password and I'm not getting Using Outlook 1
M Not receiving an error code just not getting my e-mail in Outlook. I was picking up mail from Windows Live. I had someone send e-mail to all my contac Using Outlook 2
R Export Office 2010 emails to Windows Live mail Using Outlook 2
S Outlook sync with Windows Live Using Outlook 2
R Can I export/import emails from Windows Live Mail into Outlook 2007 (not on an exchange server)? Using Outlook 1
F Move Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
W I just upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimatee and installed Windows Live. How Using Outlook 1
M Changing to Microsoft Outlook 2010 from Windows Live 2007 Using Outlook 1
K Access to the resources was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Windows Live ID with a We Using Outlook 1
D Stop Outlook 2007 syncing with windows live hotmail. Using Outlook 2
V Making Windows Live Account Calendar My Default In Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J Unable to connect to Windows Live Calendar (reported error 0x80041003). Error synchronizing your fo Using Outlook 3
T Why does my hotmail open up microsoft office outlook instead of windows live hotmail Using Outlook 2
J Cannot get my calendar 2010 to sync with my Windows live Hotmail account Using Outlook 3
R (0x80004005) -- Error: 4102: When attempting to sync my Windows Live Mail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S Windows Live Accounts/Outlook 2010 give error when Send/Receive is used Using Outlook 5