Outlook - Conversation view by email address rather than subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stressryan

I work for a company that sells a large number of products using Amazon MarketPlace.

All buyer emails are sent to one address (enquiries[at]...). Many of these emails have the same subject (Faulty item, for example) but are from different people.

We wanted to upgrade to Outlook 2010 and use the new conversation feature but this works on the premise that a conversation is based on the email subject. Whereas we would class a conversation as anything sent to the buyers email address.

So what we need is to sort the emails by 'received' (because the oldest emails must be done first) but also show any emails received and sent previously - an email history for each buyer.

Ideally, we would like to do this through the conversation feature, as that also shows the sent items.

I would like to know if this this possible?

Thanks for your time.

Ryan

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Can't you just click Arrange By and select From?

If that's not sufficient you can go to the View tab click Change View and adjust the sorting and grouping any way you like.

S

Stressryan

Thank you for your reply Ben.

Clicking sort by From would show the emails in alphabetical order. Unfortunately, that is no good from a customer service perspective as we need to answer the oldest emails first.

I have tried every which way I can think of using the custom views but nothing groups emails by 'From' and then sorts them by Date.

If you group by 'From' and try to sort by date it just sorts each persons emails by date - so you have emails from Dave sorted by date and emails from Tom sorted by date but nothing that groups Dave's and Tom's emails then sorts those groupings by date.

To simplify things, we want all emails in a standard date sorted view but for each 'From' email address, we want to be able to see all previous conversation history (all emails sent & received to that address).

I hope all that makes sense

Ryan

Here is my attempt to depict things graphically;

From To Subject Date (Sorted by)

Tom Ryan Apples Jan 21st 18:34
- Ryan Tom Apples Jan 21st 18:04
- Tom Ryan Pears Jan 10th 13:45
- Ryan Tom Pears Jan 10th 10:24

Dave Ryan Oranges Jan 20th 09:36
- Ryan Dave Oranges Jan 20th 09:31
- Dave Ryan Oranges Jan 20th 08:55
- Ryan Dave Oranges Jan 20th 08:48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Outlook 2013 Conversation View vs. 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2013 conversation view ... missing links Using Outlook 3
R Outlook for Mac 2011 - Conversation View does not show unread emails Using Outlook 1
E Bug in Outlook 2010 Conversation View? Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Conversation View isn't grouping my conversation Using Outlook 8
A Outlook 2010: Conversation view does not show messages that are in a folder. Using Outlook 4
P Outlook Webapp (Exchange 2010) - Conversation view Using Outlook 2
E Outlook 2010 - Security problem: Conversation View includes other people's e-mails with the same sub Using Outlook 3
F Outlook group by conversation problem Using Outlook 1
P problem with set up group by conversation in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R How to remove an email from a grouped conversation Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
Y Outlook 2007 not display conversation history on Reply or Forward Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2010 Ignore Conversation Feature, list of Active Ignored Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Conversation Feature - Needs another option Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2010 IMAP conversation enabled but not working Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010- Disable "You are not responding to the latest message in this conversation. Click here Using Outlook 1
2 Communicator Conversation History not saved in Outlook Using Outlook 2
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
J How do I disable advertising in Outlook 2019? Using Outlook 10
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Calendar not coming down from cloud Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
GregS Outlook 2016 Can I disable the Outlook Outbox? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
J Time Zone Issues - Outlook Calendar and Webcal Feed Using Outlook 8
J Are the underlined letters in Outlook Reminders window supposed to work? Using Outlook 0
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 15
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 3
G Personal Settings within Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2