Change folder button for new incoming emails is not displayed in Outlook 2010

• Thread starter Don Lloyd
  • Start date Views 1,750
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Lloyd

I want to change the delivery locations for new e-mails for 2 email accounts in Outlook but the change folders button is missing from the E-mail Accounts tab. The delivery location folder name is present but there is blank space next to this where I expected the change folders button to be.

Are there any circumstances when this button is not displayed? I have administrator privilege. It is the same whether I go in through Outlook, File or Control Panel, Mail.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What kind of account is this? POP3? IMAP? Hotmail? Exchange? Something else?

V

Vinay - G

What is the type of Email account configured in Outlook (POP3, IMAP or an Exchange)?

You can set the default delivery location while setting up the email account.

You need to reconfigure the accounts and assign different delivery locations before confirming the account setup.

N

netsonicyxf

I also have the same problem. My email account is a IMAP (gmail)

What is the type of Email account configured in Outlook (POP3, IMAP or an Exchange)?

You can set the default delivery location while setting up the email account.

You need to reconfigure the accounts and assign different delivery locations before confirming the account setup.

In 2010, before confirming the account setup, there is no place tto " assign a different locations"

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

You can't change the default delivery folders of IMAP accounts. They have their own PST files and they use a preset folder structure in that PST file. You can create a new PST file, but it's going to be the same deal - only Inbox.

Best you can do is create a rule to move messages from Inbox to whatever folder you want them in.

D

Don Lloyd

Many thanks Ben, you solved the problem. I had IMAP accounts, and now I have deleted these and created POP email accounts instead and the problem has disappeared.

I upgraded Windows 7 over XP so of course I had to reinstall Office. The email accounts did not migrate across so I had to create new ones. These defaulted to IMAP and I did not appreciate the difference between IMAP and POP. When creating new POP accounts, you have to choose to manually configure server setting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.