Change folder button for new incoming emails is not displayed in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Lloyd

I want to change the delivery locations for new e-mails for 2 email accounts in Outlook but the change folders button is missing from the E-mail Accounts tab. The delivery location folder name is present but there is blank space next to this where I expected the change folders button to be.

Are there any circumstances when this button is not displayed? I have administrator privilege. It is the same whether I go in through Outlook, File or Control Panel, Mail.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What kind of account is this? POP3? IMAP? Hotmail? Exchange? Something else?

V

Vinay - G

What is the type of Email account configured in Outlook (POP3, IMAP or an Exchange)?

You can set the default delivery location while setting up the email account.

You need to reconfigure the accounts and assign different delivery locations before confirming the account setup.

N

netsonicyxf

I also have the same problem. My email account is a IMAP (gmail)

What is the type of Email account configured in Outlook (POP3, IMAP or an Exchange)?

You can set the default delivery location while setting up the email account.

You need to reconfigure the accounts and assign different delivery locations before confirming the account setup.

In 2010, before confirming the account setup, there is no place tto " assign a different locations"

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

You can't change the default delivery folders of IMAP accounts. They have their own PST files and they use a preset folder structure in that PST file. You can create a new PST file, but it's going to be the same deal - only Inbox.

Best you can do is create a rule to move messages from Inbox to whatever folder you want them in.

D

Don Lloyd

Many thanks Ben, you solved the problem. I had IMAP accounts, and now I have deleted these and created POP email accounts instead and the problem has disappeared.

I upgraded Windows 7 over XP so of course I had to reinstall Office. The email accounts did not migrate across so I had to create new ones. These defaulted to IMAP and I did not appreciate the difference between IMAP and POP. When creating new POP accounts, you have to choose to manually configure server setting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S How do you combine multiple email accounts when the "change folder" button is missing in Outlook 201 Using Outlook 1
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Folder pane width change Using Outlook 54
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
F change folder and back Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Kika Melo Change location of Outlook SecureTemporary Files Folder Using Outlook 5
Z Batch Change Folder Views in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 - Change Message Class for all Items in Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
David Rahrer Change default Junk E-Mail folder Using Outlook 6
C Change the default sent folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Last Change attribute set after viewing a public folder contact Exchange Server Administration 0
C Macro to change folder of rules automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Change folder doesn't work Using Outlook 2
J How To Change Font Size For Folder Names on Navigation Pane in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
H how to change the Folder icon in Contact Using Outlook 7
R Change Public Folders Label in Folder List Using Outlook 1
R Can you/how do you/change the default Calender folder; MobileMe syncing issue Using Outlook 6
D change default folder-level permissions in exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
K My Inbox Folder Got Renamed, and I Want to Change It Back to 'Inbox' Using Outlook 2
C Mailbox folders: How do I change folders from being a subfolder of InBox folder? Using Outlook 3
D 'Move to Folder' settings - Is there a way to change this Using Outlook 1
J How to restore the "deleted" folder, or change default folder for deleted messages Using Outlook 5
G How do I change the inbox folder for Microsoft Outlook? Using Outlook 2
C How do I change the default "Add to Outlook Contacts" Folder Using Outlook 6
B Macro to Change sort and collapse groups in Mail folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Can't change autoarchive property in Deleted Items folder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
D Change senders title Using Outlook 1
W Recurrence: delete older occurrences / change earliest start time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 3
B Change row background color of selected item Using Outlook 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
B Change from Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
B See "Change View" Drop Down as a List? Using Outlook 1
V Change start time based on message duration Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
P How can I change my calendar view back Using Outlook 3
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Change the selected Message in the Outlook window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
geofferyh How to change the Attachment File Name? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Appointment occurrences change the location property Using Outlook 0
T Scheduled footer change Using Outlook 2
B Change font of reminder of an email header Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
CWM030 Name Change? Exchange Server Administration 9
V not able to change name in customize Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
JoeG Appointment Delete/Change Recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Change Subject Line in Selected Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1