How do I customise the views from the little buttons on the status bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason404

While in the Mail section, there are two little buttons at the bottom, on the status bar, to the right, next to the zoom slider.

As my laptop only has a 1280x800 screen, I use the Reading View quite a lot, so that I can read email properly when I do not need the other panels.

But when I switch nack to normal view, the Tasks pane appears, even when it was not visible before I switched to Reading View.

Ideally it would remember whether the Tasks pane was visible or not, but I am doubtful if that is possible.

So, is it possible to customise the Normal View, so that the Tasks pane does not appear? I only want to view the Tasks pane occasionally, when I click on the minimised area.

(for some reason this post is turning up in grey text, and I have no idea how to fix it)

R

Roady [MVP]

No, there is no option to define that. You can toggle the To-Bar state via ALT+F2 though, perhaps that helps a little and reduces some mouse movement.

J

Jason404

That's a pity. I'd say that is a UI usability oversight from Microsoft.

R

Roady [MVP]

Yeah, adding a few more View Shortcuts might have been nice (the Calendar has 4 so it is possible in the current design). You can contact Microsoft Product Support to make it an official feature suggestion for the next version of Outlook (or on rare occassions a Service Pack or Hotfix design change).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Missing "Customise Outlook Today" button Using Outlook 4
C How can I customise the list of categories shown in the dropdown list when the [Categorize] button is pressed while adding a new Calendar appointment? Using Outlook 3
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy To Do List Views Using Outlook 0
S Views ans Where Settings AreSavd Using Outlook 4
avant-guvnor Outlook 2016 and views, categories etc. Using Outlook 3
witzker Change icon for custom views Using Outlook 1
Z Batch Change Folder Views in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
P Duplicate Standard Views Using Outlook 3
H User designed fields not usable in contact folder views Using Outlook 0
piusg 2013: Task Views keep disappearing Using Outlook 4
Brian Outlook List of custom task views missing in OL2013 Using Outlook 2
V Open Outlook Calendar and Tasks views with Folder pane off Using Outlook 2
A Is it possible to remove the word Categories: from task list views? Using Outlook 2
J Calendar Views (2013) are Blank Using Outlook 1
R Filter Views by Category Using Outlook 2
S How do I get the default Outlook 2007 Contacts Views back? Using Outlook 3
T save custom user settings/ views BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
L Outlook 2007 Macro For Views Using Outlook 10
A lock task views? Using Outlook 11
M Apply different views to calendars Using Outlook 0
D Cannot delete shared contact or calandar from views Exchange Server Administration 1
B OWA Calendar Views not available Exchange Server Administration 2
A In Contacts Phone List View, allow alpha jump w/single key, same as Card views Using Outlook 4
D Zoom in Microsoft Outlook Views? (Not Messages) Using Outlook 2
D Views with the ToDo Bar and Navigation Pane Using Outlook 1
J Export custom views from offline OST Exchange Server Administration 4
J How to disable syncing folder views/layouts Using Outlook 5
C User defined field not found in any views prints. Cannot locate to delete. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 - Contact Views: Why can I not view my contacts by typing in the last name? Using Outlook 15
B Blank email list views on Outlook 2010 / 2007 with Exchange 2010 SP1 (on Citrix and Desktops) Using Outlook 7
F Outlook 2007 custom views do not show emails with Exchange 2010 Server Exchange Server Administration 2
L Lost Task Views list in Navigation Pane when using Tasks Folder Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 custom views do not show emails with Exchange 2010 Server Using Outlook 2
S Office 2010 Change Default Views Using Outlook 5
K Outlook 2010: Remembering expand/collapse views Using Outlook 2
S Views on frequently updated public folders in Outlook 2003 for many users Using Outlook 1
S OL2007/XP views will not retain settings. Really need some help here. Using Outlook 2
R Oulook loses my personalized views Using Outlook 1
P Changed Views of Inbox causes column changes Using Outlook 1
P Can I share or copy my Outlook/BCM Custom Views with another non-Exchange user? Using Outlook 1
A Views on multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E use only views defined for this folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E use only views defined for this folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2007 SQL syntax to filter views of tasks and todo items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Creating Task Views Methodically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
W Using a PropertyAccessor custom datetime property in Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Business Contact Views BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2