Outlook Anywhere keeps prompting for credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christos Polydorou

Hi,

I have a windows vista ultimate machine with office 2007. I've set up an email account to connect to my exchange 2007 server and outlook anywhare for the same server. Outlook kept prompting me for credentials for the outlook anywhere server address so I disabled the outlook anywhere connection and the problem disappeared. The same problem came up again but this time I hadn't enabled the outlook anywhere connection. I believe it has something to do with the outlook connector that was installed with mesh. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Christos Polydorou

R

Raju S Das

For which account does the password prompt appear?

Is it for the Exchange account or the outlook connector?
If it is outlook connector, try toremove and re-add the account.

C

Christos Polydorou

The prompt appears for the Exchange account and has the address that I've published the outlook anywhere service. Outlook is already connected to the exchange server and everything is working fine when the prompt appears. I created another profile and set up the same account but it happened again. I tried to remove the outlook connector add in but I couldn't find it, I am now going to try with administrator privilages.

That shouldn't be happening even when the outlook anywhere is set up. That machine is a domain member and the password negotiation is set to NTLM. Also, I cann't be a security issue because I haven't change anything and the user is an administrator.

C

Christos Polydorou

Hi,

None of the above worked. I followed the instructions on this article and I think that it's OK now.

Christos Polydorou

Status
Not open for further replies.