Get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable Unable to open the Outlook win

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rachelefmen1

I am not able to open the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I get an error message that states that the Microsoft Office Outlook cannot open. There is no error code number. A window opens saying something like " Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be oened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I am the administrator of this computer and my product key does not work. Please advise. All of my contacts phone number and emails are in my Microsoft Office Outlook. I would appreciate getting the information stored in this software. Please help.

Rachelle

R

Rachelefmen1

I have tried holding the CTRL key. A window popped up saying " Outlook has detected that you are holding down the CTRL key. Do you want to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Yes No. "

When I click on the Yes button, a window appears very quickly and says:

Migrating Account Settings

Migrating Preferences

Creating Welcome Message

Importing User Data

And then returns to the window saying

" Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be oened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." if I click on the yes or the no button.

If I click the No button the message of " Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook...." also appears.

I also looked at your webpage http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#safe and read about the Command Line Switches. What I am afraid of is if I do one of the commands, I will lose the contact informations that I have stored in the Microsoft Office Outlook.

What do you mean by an Exchange server?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Rachelle

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Is this a company computer or just your own machine at home?

I'm betting you do not have an Exchange Server (it's the sort of thing most folks would know). You should either edit your profile (Control Panel | Mail) or just create a new profile and make sure to NOT select Exchange Server as the account type.

See if this helps: Troubleshooting Outlook - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#newprof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Error Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
P Error Message “Your Outlook Data File cannot be configured” Using Outlook 5
M Error message: "Cannot move the items..." Using Outlook 2
D Error message - Cannot move the items.... Using Outlook 1
P Error message of "Cannot open your default email-folders Errors have been detected in the File U:\Ou Using Outlook 2
R Error message "Cannot save free/busy information" when changing or deleting appointments in Outlook. Using Outlook 4
J CANNOT get rid of Exchange 2010 error "An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message Exchange Server Administration 2
K Getting this error message--Cannot open Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders can not be opened. Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007: Cannot open links in received emails. Get error message of "The operation has been c Using Outlook 1
C Error Message: cannot open your default emails folders. outlook cannot start because a data file to Using Outlook 2
M error message Cannot start Microsoft Office. Cannot open the Outlook Window. The set of folders cann Using Outlook 2
Y A "Cannot open this item" error message occurs when you try to open a message from the search result Using Outlook 9
M Outlook Options > Advanced shows error message: 'File Cannot Be found' Using Outlook 1
D Microsoft Outlook Error Message - Cannot Resolve Recipient Using Outlook 4
D error message "The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed"" Using Outlook 8
A MS Outlook won't load... Error message>>> "Cannot open your default e-mail folder:" Using Outlook 4
M Rules in error: Cannot reply to message Using Outlook 10
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky "Too many files" Error Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Error message Using Outlook 1
A error message outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
H Outlook Error message Using Outlook 10
J Outlook 2007 Error sharing Calendar: Error while preparing to send sharing message Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Customizing PST error message in Outlook Using Outlook 8
C Odd error message not found in Google search Using Outlook 1
Jon Bakrley Outlook 2013 and Exchange 2007, Out of the office error message Using Outlook 8
S Persistent Attachment Error Message Using Outlook 5
Jennifer Murphy Error message on shutdown Using Outlook 1
V Unable to delete from deleted items folder due to error message Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Failure to Send Message<=Sending reported Error 0x80040201 Using Outlook 1
A Problems with connector. Error message 80041003 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
C can't backup OL 2007 (error message 0x80070021) + only done by administrator Using Outlook 1
J [outlook-users] outlook 2007 Sp2: Error message to quit outlook Using Outlook 9
V Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowed" Using Outlook 6
G fix client/server conversation error message Exchange Server Administration 1
C error message: 'you don't have permission to create an entry in this folder' Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2010 : Error while preparing to send sharing message Exchange Server Administration 8
C Fix for Outlook Outbox Error Message Using Outlook 1
U IMAP (1032) error...how to delete message? Using Outlook 1
S Calendar Reminders Error Message Using Outlook 2
C Error message when trying to send email using a distribution list Using Outlook 2
A As I try to move around in Outlook. Each tab I touch I get the following error message 'Microsoft Outlook is not responding' Using Outlook 2
M receiving error message, Using Outlook 1
J Business Contact Manager in MS Outlook 2010 - get error message when try to use. Using Outlook 2
M EWS Managed API: Error message in german: 'Das Abonnement kann nicht abgeschlossen werden. Überprüfen Sie die Berechtigungen.' Exchange Server Administration 0
T Unwanted Text Error with each outgoing message. Using Outlook 2
J Error message when trying to download attachments to e-mails Using Outlook 1
C I am unable to open web links in my Outlook mail. I get an error message that states: This function Using Outlook 1
H 0x80048002 Error Message in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2007 - Error Message on send Using Outlook 2