trying to print emails but get Micorsoft Outlook contacting server for information

• Thread starter millerdj
  • Start date Views 2,648
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

millerdj

After spending time with Kodak, they indicate that because my printer will print a Word document and a test print, it is an Outlook problem. After the progress bar finishes, it shows Outlook as not responding. This occurs on two different computers, both windows 7 and Outlook 2010. When I attempt to print, it works about every 10 attempts. Very frustrating! Can anyone help?

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Try opening Outlook in safe mode and print emails. Verify the status.

To open outlook in safe mode, click Start->All programs-> Accessories-> run-> type "outlook /safe" without quotes and click on ok.

If it works fine in safe mode, then disable Add-ins in outlook and check if it helps.

Open Outlook-> Go to file-> Click on options-> select Add-ins towards the left hand side-> Click on go for COM Add-ins-> Uncheck the add-in(s) one at a time and restart outlook to check which add-in(s) is causing a conflict.

Ganesh Kumar N

M

millerdj

Tried your suggestion and none of the Outlook add-ins were creating a problem to the best of my knowledge. I would close Outlook and reopen it to print, which I hope took Outlook out of the safe mode. I am assuming that is what you meant by restarting Outlook. After you close and reopen Outlook I could print something each time I removed an add-in and put the previously removed add-in back. The message that comes up sometimes is " Microsoft Word (or Outlook) is contacting server for information" . After that it states Microsoft Outlook is not responding. Any other suggestions? BTW, what is an add-in, how did they get there and why are they there?

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Did you try to install Office 2010 using Click-to-run or the traditional download?

Open Word, Click File-> select Options-> under Add-Ins-> select Manage "Templates" and click on go.

Remove the Document Template path in the field. Save document and then reopen outlook and check how it works.

Add-in(s) are used to integrate a different program with office programs.Refer the link on how to View, manage, and install add-ins in Office programs:-

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/view-manage-and-install-add-ins-in-office-programs-HA010354315.aspx

Ganesh Kumar N

M

millerdj

Sorry to be a dummy but.........I got to the Add-Ins area but didn't see " manage" templates. If I go to Templates and click go, didn't see how to remove document template path in the field. Don't know what that is either. If I try and install Office 2010 again by downloading it, will I lose all my OUtlook data or will it install over the exisiting one? Thanks !

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Once you click on add-ins, you can see manage at the bottom of the screen. You can see COM add-ins selected by default with a down arrow symbol. Click on the down arrow to select "template" and click on GO.

Reinstalling Office 2010 will not delete the old data. The Outlook data will be saved in the default location on the hard disk, so the data will be safe.

Ganesh Kumar N

M

millerdj

When I load up Outlook (2010), I get the options of add or remove features, repair, remove or enter product key. Should I uninstall 2010 Outlook and reinstall it? If so, that is where I am concerned I will lose all my information.

I selected template and clicked " go" . It shows Document template set to " normal" . Under that where it has checked items loaded there are none. I am still unsure of the document template path that you are referring to above.

Thanks for being patient!

Status
Not open for further replies.