Closed a PST file or folder in the left hand pane and don't know how to get it back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Psquillace

I was playing around with the new Outlook 2010 for Windows XP and I noticed that the person before me set it up so that there was an Outlook Data File and then and Archive, and Lastly a Folder or PST file that said Outlook.

To clean up some of the clutter, I right clicked on the Outlook one and chose close.

Now, the question is, how do i get that back cause I think there are emails in there that I am looking for.

Thanks for any help or advice on this,

Paul

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

File | Open | Outlook Data File...

Find the PST you're looking for and open it.

P

Psquillace

Yeah, Thanks Ben that would be great if I knew what pst file that was open. LOL.

Thanks for the help though,

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

How many PST files do you have?

Most people don't have more than 1 or 2. If it's just a couple, open each one until you find the one you're looking for.

P

Psquillace

I only had the one, but when I imported it into outlook nothing happened or it did not re-show where it was where I closed it.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Have you run a Windows Search of your hard drive for all *.PST files? Make sure to have Windows search hidden and system folders too. When you open the PST file in Outlook (don't import it) you should see a list of folders and hopefully the content you're looking for will be in one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Desire to import a PST file not properly closed by Outlook on a now dead computer. Using Outlook 5
D Open IMAP PST after the account is closed Using Outlook 1
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Outlook being closed causing problems during copy to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C New emails not appearing until Outlook is closed and re-opened Using Outlook 5
E IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook 2
K Recipient's name replaced by open and closed brackets! Using Outlook 2
E intermittent "Your imap server closed the connection" messages Using Outlook 6
P Autoresponse (with exceptions...) but even with Outlook closed Using Outlook 5
W Profile Pane in 2010 Outlook - Can it be turned off or closed? Using Outlook 4
O Send Mail Via Outlook Even If Outlook Is Closed Using Outlook 4
J Retrieving contacts / e-mails from closed profile Using Outlook 1
T Outlook Won't Disconnect When Closed Using Outlook 4
S Accessing emails in a closed account Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2007 once closed will not reopen must use task manger and end process Using Outlook 2
S Error while opening MS Outlook 2007 with the message "The data file 'Personal Folder' did not closed Using Outlook 1
P Messages get stuck in Outbox and do not get send until Otlook 2010 gets closed and restarted Using Outlook 2
L Even with Microsoft Outlook closed, when I shut down my computer I frequently get a black screen Using Outlook 1
A When I click a hyperlink in Outlook 2007 I get a message saying action has been closed - refer to administrator.__How do I turn this off? Using Outlook 1
M Outlook loses account settings when closed. Using Outlook 1
S Re: Outlook 2007 won't re-open once closed Using Outlook 1
M POP3 connection foribly closed Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook closed with 'problem encountered'message, won't reopen Using Outlook 1
Y MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may oc Using Outlook 2
B OUTLOOK WONT OPEN CANNOT CONNECT TO DEFAULT EMAIL STORE CLOSED Using Outlook 1
B Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook 1
J MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may Using Outlook 2
M Cannot restart Outlook 2010 once closed unless I logout/login again Using Outlook 2
N how to retain folder tree view after outlook closed? Using Outlook 1
M The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly message appeared after a power outage--cann Using Outlook 2
W Microsoft Office 2003 w/ AOL folder problem: Your imp server has closed the connection. Can’t move Using Outlook 7
M Your IMAP server closed the connection. Using Outlook 4
A Send/Receive while outlook closed? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
P PST file is getting huge under POP 3 Using Outlook 3
M Export-Import .pst file problems Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 OST thinks it is PST? Using Outlook 1
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
J Export Zimbra to Outlook PST Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
S What's in a PST file? Using Outlook 1
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 6