Mail icon in control panel is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Val_in_CT1210

trying to set up user email exchange account (over the phone) and control panel does not have this icon.

MS site:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

Make sure that the following Control Panel file exists and that it works as expected:

<var>Drive</var>:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\MSMAPI\1033\mlcfg32.cpl

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\MMCPL

MMCPL is not an option

V

Val_in_CT1210

Error msg:

Windows cannot find MLCFG32.CPL. Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again.....

E

Ezil Vinoth

Search and copy 'mlcfg32.cpl' file from another computer and take it in an external drive and paste the file in the locations mentioned below on this computer in which mail icon is missing.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

Now check if you can find the mail icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Control Panel Mail (settings) icon missing Using Outlook 2
J Problem with Outlook 2016 new mail tray icon alert (envelope in the systems tray) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
M Floating Delete Icon in mail list Using Outlook 1
D How do I get a new mail icon into my quick launch bar? Using Outlook 3
C New mail icon on taskbar intermittent Using Outlook 1
L Correct E-Mail Pulling Wrong Mail Using Outlook 5
S Outlook mail adressing stops after first match in GAL Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
MrMayor SENT mail not reloading to top?? Using Outlook 4
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 Opening Mail Attachment Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 12
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 4
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook not receiving mail Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K HOW TO FIX AOL MAIL ISSUES? Using Outlook 0
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
I Junk Mail and PersonMetadata Using Outlook 2
T 3 months of archived e-mail is missing Using Outlook 1
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1
T Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)" Using Outlook 3
Victor_50 Outlook 2013 Custom Contact Form starts with "E-mail 2" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
B Clear Offline Items (Mail Folder) via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Sent mail not showing in my sent folder Using Outlook 9
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
O Using .OST and .PST mail thru different providers Using Outlook 5
CWM030 Connected accounts mail moved to trash? Exchange Server Administration 16
N Tracking Mail items being moved to folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5