Outlook 2002 - Out of memory & system resources. Also not recognising typed in email addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IBDLIC

I have recently started getting an 'Out of memory and system resources error' at random intervals in Outlook 2002. It could be when i am forwarding an email (not large) or replying to an email for example. I am sure that this has nothing to do with lack of memory.

I have run scanpst and scanned and fixed my personal folders both Outlook & Achieve .pst files.They do seem to need 'fixing' each time I run this scan.

Also when I type a new email address into the TO field of a new email message Outlook is not recognising it as an email address (usually it checks it and puts a line under it to indicate it is a valid email address). These ARE valid email addresses i am trying to send emails to. If i try and send an email with a new address in the TO field that Outlook has not recognised then I again get the 'Out of memory...' error and have to close Outlook.

After closing Outlook and restarting it, it usually spends a while checking the Personal and Archieve folders for errors and will work fine for a while (apart for putting in new email addresses) and then I have the 'Out of memory...' error again.

Could this be a damaged email message in my inbox, a probelmatic add-in, mapi file damaged or is my Outlook profile damaged?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

IBD

P

Palcouk

OL2002 will give various err's on the pst once it reaches 1.6gb or so

pst err's can also be as a result of failing HD

The autocomplete cache is stored as 'username'.nk2 file, it can become damaged. Deleting the file will allow it to be recreated over time

Presumably you ran OL detect/repair

I

IBDLIC

Thanks for the info Palcouk, I did run OL detect/reapair. However it is not the autocomplete that is the issue, my Outlook does autocomplete email adreeses the issue is when i type in a new email address it doesn't recognise it as an email address and then I invaribly get the 'out of memory...' error and have to re-start Outlook any. Any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Outlook 2002 Data File Upper Memory Level Exceeded Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2002: HTML Emails Will Not Print: Please Help Using Outlook 0
S Transferring POP emails from Outlook 2002 to Outlook.com email in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
D Syncing Outlook 2002 with iPad 128 KB Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2002-2013 upgrade Using Outlook 3
A moving outlook 2002 from xp to win 7 or 8 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook contacts no in address book - 2002 pst file convert to 2007 pst file? Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2002 - How to upgrade to 2003 and convert PST from ANSI to Unicode? Using Outlook 7
K Outlook 2002 Can Not Send Or Receive E-mails Using Outlook 3
B can not export contact file microsoft outlook 2002 Using Outlook 2
R mail not delivered to distribution list members in outlook 2002 Using Outlook 4
G Multiple email addresses (Outlook 2002). All emails (both addresses) go into the one inbox. How do i Using Outlook 3
G Hotmail on Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2002 crashes with send/receive...exhausted my troubleshooting knowledge Using Outlook 4
E Spelling outlook 2002 Using Outlook 1
R (GPO?) Setting that controls automatic picture download Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 3
H sending email outlook 2002 errors with gmail Using Outlook 1
S no images, only red X in Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2007 takes a long time to open Excel 2002 attachments__ Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2002 RTF Email Opens in Word 2010 Using Outlook 3
M outlook 2002 Using Outlook 1
P Transfer several pst files from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2002 (SP3): This morning two replies I tried to send just sat in my Outbox for several hours. Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2002 (SP3): Even though I've checked 'Remember my password,' Outlook still requires that I enter it every time I open the program ea Using Outlook 3
M Cannot open Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 1
M Will Outlook 2002 clients break when upgrading domain to 2008R2? Using Outlook 5
B Cannot use Outlook 2002 error :This form requires Word as your e-mail editor but Word is either busy Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 2
L My Microsoft Outlook 2002 Crashed and I can not start it even in the safe mode. Using Outlook 2
J Lack of Outlook 2002 support with Exchange 2007 SP3 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2002 keeps losing passwords Using Outlook 1
Y APPCRASH 10.0.2627.1 OUTLOOK 2002 ( OFFICE XP ) RUNNING ON WINDOWS 7 PROF 64 BIT Using Outlook 0
J Microsoft Outlook 2002 - PST file issues Using Outlook 9
L Outlook 2002 not sending or receiving email after upgrade from Windows XP to 7. Using Outlook 2
B Exchange 2010 - User receive blank mail on Outlook 2002 Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook 2002 and Windows 7: account/e-mail password not saved Using Outlook 2
I Sync MS Outlook 2002 tasks to Iphone4 Using Outlook 1
A Assigning primary mail box in Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2002 attachment problem Using Outlook 1
G trying to send emails - using Outlook 2002 - how do I upgrade Using Outlook 1
A Does Exchange Online Connector for Office Outlook 2003 work with ms outlook 2002 and ms outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
A Does Exchange Online Connector for Office Outlook 2003 work with ms outlook 2002 and ms outlook 2007? Using Outlook 1
B Back/Forward button does not work in Outlook 2002 installed on netbook Using Outlook 1
B Covert Outlook 2010 .pst back to Outlook 2002 .pst? Using Outlook 1
E Contacts missing from Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 2
P can't create a new contact for outlook 2002 and windows 7, even after following some advice on the forums. Using Outlook 3
R Error Message: Can't open this item. The object is not valid. Outlook 2002/Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
P How can I view a german email in outlook 2002? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2002 Blank Email Body and Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 17
D I need to know everything about Outlook 2002/XP Forms ! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1