Use of outlook blocked by stop symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Burto

A small stop symbol appeared over the icon at the bottom of my screen and it will not open.

G

Graham Mayor [MVP]

A stop signal? Do you mean a white cross in a grey circle? That means Outlook has not closed properly - a common fault of which Microsoft is aware. You can close it from the Windows Task manager CTRL+ALT+DEL (or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) running processes. See www.slipstick.com/problems/close.asp

<Don Burto> wrote in message news:f5c88c1b-628c-485e-a2b2-ee360de35f96@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

A small stop symbol appeared over the icon at the bottom of my screen and it will not open.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

www.gmayor.com

Posted via the Communities Bridge

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

You may also try restarting the computer in clean boot to check if any non-Microsoft service is causing the issue.

Note: Ensure to restart the computer in normal mode after troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GregS Outlook 365 blocked by Google popup Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
C Outlook 2010 hyperlink blocked in Windows 7 Home Premium Using Outlook 2
C How to open .lnk attachment which is been blocked by outlook Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2010 Blocked Hyperlinks Using Outlook 1
R Hyperlinks Blocked In Outlook Using Outlook 2
W Are Outlook 2003 and Windows totally compatable As I have problem with Blocked Senders List not blocking the blocked senders on that list??? Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 links embedded in received emails are blocked Using Outlook 3
C Need to know how to allow a hyperlink to work from and email in outlook 2010. Currently they are blocked and telling me to check with administrator. Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 IMAP Connection Blocked Using Outlook 4
D Links in microsoft outlook been blocked. Using Outlook 1
D When running MS Outlook 2007 Hyperlinks blocked in emails Using Outlook 1
J I inadvertenly blocked MS Outlook from opening as whenever I opened a program mu user settings would ask me if I wanted to open it. Now it states it Using Outlook 8
C outlook does not filter blocked sender emails to junk folder anymore Using Outlook 3
S 0x800CCC69 Outlook Express This account is currently blocked from sending messages.__ Using Outlook 1
S %0d%0a characters are getting blocked in Outlook Web Access (OWA) browser based tool Using Outlook 2
D Outlook has begun delivering blocked senders mail to inbox Using Outlook 8
B Outlook 2007 - still getting 'blocked' emails. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook blocked access in archive.pst Using Outlook 8
A Hyperlinks blocked in outlook Using Outlook 8
M Junk email filter on Outlook 2003 is not blocking email from senders on the BLOCKED senders list. Using Outlook 4
D "Outlook has blocked access to this form template file. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 4
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2016 Outlook, Chrome, and Clio Using Outlook 5
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
V Upgraded Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3