Cannot open Outlook window

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arts SCP

I am running windows XP with all updates and Outlook 2007. Outlook worked fine 2 days ago but then I the power went off for a couples of minutes and when I restarted my computer, received the following error message when starting outlook, "

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file: c:\Documents and Settings\Art Smith\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool (SCANPST.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the inbox repair tool, see help.

I tried to use the scanpst.exe to scan the file they named, but get an error message that says the file doesn't exist. I used explore to try and find the file mentioned but could not find it. Downloaded Outlook tools and tried to use it, but could not find a file to scan that existed (received either an error message that I was trying to scan a folder or that the file did not exist). Used Office 2007 and the repair feature to fix the problem but that did not work. I also tried the reset navpane and received the same error message above.

Do not know what to do from here. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
V Cannot start Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Using Outlook 8
M Cannot start MS Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window Using Outlook 2
F Cannot open extracted .msg files from outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Cannot open Options Menu Outlook 2007 and Cannot create a new profile Using Outlook 0
M Cannot open CALENDAR in outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook cannot open/mail applet not enough resources Using Outlook 5
D Cannot open Outlook 2011 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
E cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 "cannot open your default email folders.microsoft exchange is not available" on XP is n Using Outlook 1
N Re: outlook cannot open my default data file Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 cannot open files to start program Using Outlook 1
M Cannot display the folder. Outlook cannot open this item. The item may be damaged. __ Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2010: Cannot Open Item Error; and Operation Failed Error when replying!! Using Outlook 2
R Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot Open the outlook window. Using Outlook 11
D Outlook 2003 cannot open Word docs after Windows 7 upgrade from Vista. Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open Outlook 2010 Student, operating system Windows XP Using Outlook 6
T Cannot open hyperlinks inside e-mails... (outlook 2010) Using Outlook 3
M "Cannot start microsoft outlook. cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened Using Outlook 1
J Cannot open your default e-mail folder. The file "C\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlo Using Outlook 2
S Cannot Open Attachments Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
A MS Outlook won't load... Error message>>> "Cannot open your default e-mail folder:" Using Outlook 4
S Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be Using Outlook 3
G Cannot open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM Using Outlook 12
T Cannot Start MS Office Outlook - Cannot open office window BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be Using Outlook 12
D Microsoft Outlook cannot open Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V I cannot open my outlook small business 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
O Cannot open or save calendar items Using Outlook 0
R Cannot open certain emails Using Outlook 3
P I am getting an error msg = cannot open file access denied Using Outlook 3
A Cannot edit or open existing contact nor add new ones. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Cannot open any attachment from OWA Exchange Server Administration 2
P Error message of "Cannot open your default email-folders Errors have been detected in the File U:\Ou Using Outlook 2
H Exchange 2010 cannot open exchange management console Exchange Server Administration 5
P All of a sudden I cannot open the INBOX file. It asks me to close any application and restart. Done that several times. Nothing Using Outlook 1
J I Cannot open links on received e-mails, But I can open attachments Using Outlook 1
S Office 2007 - Cannot open .pst (you don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation) Using Outlook 1
I I cannot open Microsoft Word attachments - Message: Works cannot open... Using Outlook 1
D Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The server is not available. Contact your adminstrator if t Using Outlook 3
F Oulook 2010 (on exchange 2010): "Cannot open this item" after search in online archive on indexed ma Using Outlook 2
D Cannot open Hyperlink in outlook2010 Using Outlook 3
Y Cannot open the Public Folders aftering installing Security Updates 2288953 Using Outlook 5
P Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened. Using Outlook 7
A BCM 2010. Cannot open this item. Error loading form. Some of neede BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
T Cannot open this item becasue another workstation has modified it. Using Outlook 4
P Custom Task Cannot be open when assigned. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C I cannot open business projects but I can view them BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2